Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Your Ideal Life

If you could be anything, anywhere, doing anything, where would you be, what would you do? What is your dream life?

For instance, you could be... A recluse living on a boat, sailing where you wish, being alone when you want, going where the wind takes you; A traveling documentary writer, seeing the world, meeting new and interesting people every day and telling their stories; A pro wrestler; The starting quarterback for USC; A professional high stakes p*ker player living in Thailand banging young asian chicks; A reporter for the NYT; President of the U.S.; A wealthy heir partying nonstop; many more...

What would you be?

Edit: Just to clarify, this is current day, and you have to still be you. Otherwise go crazy.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Your Ideal Life

Tom Brady, not that I'm one for idol worship, but he seems to have it pretty good.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:20 PM

The emperor of a large Roman empire, expanding my rule by installing waterlines, building new impressive buildings, and making a beautiful empire for people to use in exchange for being one of my citizens. Ahh, money and power.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:21 PM

good question:

I'd want to be in a situation similar to warren buffet but on a much smaller scale. What I mean is it would be cool to be an owner or part owner of a nice basket of businesses I wam interested in by have it set up where each is being run day to day by qualified people. I could instead focus on the areas that interest me and think about things like long term strategy and creative ideas.

I'd still live in Oregon probably more southern where I'd have a ranch, Northen CA would also be an option.

Either that or a completely self contained complex deep in the middle of nowhere.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:43 PM

I would rename myself 'The evil Doctor X' and have a secret underground base from which I would plot to take over the world.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:48 PM

Typical answers for guys are two of the best lives of the century: Jacques Cousteau or Hugh Hefner.

For a less common dream, I'd love to do nothing all day but practice martial arts and play Go. And maybe write a little, who knows. That would cover physical, mental, spiritual, and creative quite handily.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:52 PM

a house in centrtal NJ suburb, married w/ kids, living off of investments/dividends/interest, playing poker for extra $$, nearby some of my friends, on some club soccer/basketball teams.

--

Man that souunds sweet to me. I'm like 50% to where i want to be.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 06:53 PM

Would you convert to Islam like Mr. Cousteau?
Old 11-06-2005, 07:06 PM

What??? He converted to Islam? Guess he got air bubbles in his brain one too many times.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:26 PM

A job I don't hate (hmmmm, maybe an game of some sort that uses strategy to make money) a wife that I will always find attractive, kids that turn out to be rich and famous and give me more money. And I would know what happens in the afterlife and act accordingly.