Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-26-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Deep stack games in Vegas

Your Mom loaned you $15,000 --- you just read a book KIND OF---
you looking for a no max no-limit----
GAS UP THE CAR, BUY SOME CHIPS forthe ride hom BEFORE YOU HIT THAT JUICY GAME------
What is it with this JUICY GAME STUFF----99% of the players have no idea how to play in a JUICY GAME---
Old 12-26-2005, 02:07 PM

lollerskates. sorry i should have clarified. i was alluding to you being a bad poker player and likely losing 75 buyins in a 200 buyin game. it's a literary device some people like to employ for humor. it's called sarcasm.

go here and look up sarcasm
Old 12-26-2005, 04:46 PM

It is not a good idea for anyone , no matter the age to bring $15,000 to vegas on their first trip. Bring $2,000, have fun with your friends and scope out the terriory for your next trip.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GAS UP THE CAR, BUY SOME CHIPS forthe ride hom BEFORE YOU HIT THAT JUICY GAME------
What is it with this JUICY GAME STUFF----99% of the players have no idea how to play in a JUICY GAME---

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully Santa brought you some new batteries for your sarcasm detector.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is not a good idea for anyone , no matter the age to bring $15,000 to vegas on their first trip. Bring $2,000, have fun with your friends and scope out the terriory for your next trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a winning mid/high stakes online player. He is likely bringing less than 10% of his bankroll. Not too mention it is unlikely he is going "blow" what he brings... afterall the ratio of donks to players is higher. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 08:00 PM

The Wynn no cap games and most games in the city have much higher min buys than online.

Wynn:
1-3: $100-no cap
2-5: $200-no cap
5-10: $500-no cap
10-20: $600-no cap
25-50 (VERY rarely goes, went during the series a bunch): $2000-no cap

the 10-20 and 25-50 DO go at Bellagio and they have the same buy-in structure on those games.

As for the players/avg. buyins

Wynn:

1-3: Many of the players in this game are college aged nits. They have no bankroll, but maybe play online and are taking shots, but you can tell they get real upset deep inside when they get stacked if they short-buy the $100 to start. Mayve 3-4 of the 9-10 will buy-in for $100. They are generally nits, but sometimes people who have never played before and are looking for a relatively cheap experience. Almost everyone else buys in for $300. They range from locals, to drunks, to nts, really depends on time of day and day of week. It is usually a loose/passive game and can be crushed easily. You sometimes get 1-2 cowboys on each table who bring $1K-10K. The game can sometimes get deeper on average on certain nights when the smaller stacks are doubling up. Many of the deepstacks do not play them well and I usually try to cover whenever I am in.

2-5: It is much rarer for people to have min buys and much more likely they will have more people with more than $500 as well. The games get can really deep and there are many good young professional players as well as many donks. This is another time of day, day of week, time of season type game.

5-10: The game on average is much less of an action game then it used to be. On weekends it is usually an insanely awesome game. You can usually tell the game is good if there is at least one full must-move. Most of the players in this game are regulars that buy-in from $1K-$6K and a few who buy-in more (like Grant, you will know who I'm talking about, he will make sure of it, commenting on how awesome he is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). For the most part, the regulars aren't anything special. Some are solid, but many are weak/tight or too predictable in another manner once you get to know how they play. There are a few that can be pretty aggressive/tricky. When the game is full of them, it is usually just worth sitting in a different game even though it is generally always beatable. When the game really gets going, there are some semi-regular gambling types that play the game and get the game really damn good. They usually show on weekends in primetime poker hours and you can get a really deep, really good game. They are rarer these days it seems, but kind of making a comeback ever since Wynn introduced tournaments. The weekend tourists or business tourists have wide ranges, but all suck trememdous donkey dick. Many buy-in for $500. You can tell everything about them very quickly and usually they are just suckers that may be wealthy business men or just have enough to put in a game like that. Some of the tourists buy-in for more, some of the wealthy ones too. I've been in a game with Antoine Walker which may have been the best game I have ever sat in. He was about $8K deep. There are times when other celebs show up, but much more so at Bellagio.

Bellagio:
10-20: Almost the exact same description as the 5-10 at the Wynn with a couple of differences. More regulars in this game are not weak/tight or predictable. They are pretty tough players. If you don't see that the game is any good, not worth sitting. The game is usually deeper than $2K a person on average with more $10K+ stacks. You will still get all the things mentioned in the Wynn review. More celebs and other people can really get the game going. I sat with Joe Hachem in this game the other day. He played a solid, but really active style that night. He also talked a lot and told lots of stories/jokes. The table played incredibly loose and fast thanks to him and I got to reep the rewards, especially being on his left and not really having to deal with him. He was a standup guy and from the couple hours that I saw him play, a solid player.

This game gets extra good whenever something like a WPT is at the Bellagio or during the month of March, and other things like that. If there are 6 must-moves, the game will be FANTASTIC.

There are a lot of LAGS, especially if you play soon as the Swedish guys are still here, and the regulars love seeing flops. Just think your moves through and don't do anything extra stupid and it is a fun/profitable game.

25-50: Game is generally deep. Doesn't go too often on non-weekends unless something is going on in town or it is a busy month of the year. There usually is at least one or two really soft spots to make the game worth sitting, but sometimes the game is filled with great whites. I usually try to take advantage on the side in a game like this. Let's say Antonio Esfandiari (who play this regularly) is in. He usually plays fast and can tilt really easily. He may go to war with a certain player and just play crazy (more so in 10-20). Even if he is still play well, I usually gun after the guys that turn really loose/passive or over-agressive trying to snap him off. Lot's of people steam and steam hard at these levels, well all the levels, but more cash here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, a generally statement on all levels at least in Vegas: Most of the regulars/locals are not winning players. I would say most are breakeven/slighlty loosing players.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:08 PM

As for the bankroll issue, don't forget to factor in how much you are going to blow on non-poker crap if you are just turning 21 and coming to Vegas. The damn strippers made me a breakeven player my first month. Oh, don't forget non-poker comp drinks as in night clubs. If you decide to go clubbing, except to pay $8+ per shot/beer. I have paid $35 for a regular cocktail. Also, careful with getting drunk and having lots of money on you. Don't do something stupid like spend it all on one session of craps. These are all things I got over BTW [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have much better budgetting and no more non-poker gambling.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:09 PM

Wow I must be trashed, I can't read any of that.

P.S. Yup. I'm trashed.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully Santa brought you some new batteries for your sarcasm detector.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL !!!!! love it

What kind of limit cash games do they have in Vegas? And what a re the most popular?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:19 PM

great info thanks