Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: 15/30 QTs flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise it UTG in 6max, limp it earlier in full tables...you don't open QTs till the CO? I open Q9o there...

P.S. I suck at cards

[/ QUOTE ]

Q9 is a bit low on the spectrum in any position 10 handed, cept the button. I'd like to hear more on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to fold it till a coach told me it's a "standard open raise." now, I will fold it if the button is an aggro floating [censored], but I look for spots to raise it. FWIW it's the lowest offsuit Queen I raise, I open Q8o on the button.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're too loose PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahahahahahahaha. From what I hear that comment has to put a smile on jason's face.

I'd c/c the flop and lead any turn that improves our hand, 3-bet a flush. Preflop is gravy.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise it UTG in 6max, limp it earlier in full tables...you don't open QTs till the CO? I open Q9o there...

P.S. I suck at cards

[/ QUOTE ]

Q9 is a bit low on the spectrum in any position 10 handed, cept the button. I'd like to hear more on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard from a very good source that q9o in the co is no good. button is ok.

as far as the rest of the thread i raise q10s 4 off the button, i.e. utg in 6max, i.e. one to the right of the hijack. i often raise q10o in the hijack and certainly in the co. i cant imagine this is wrong unless there are 3 maniacs to your left, in which case, you should be leaving soon.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:31 AM

I play a TAG game and make shitloads doing it. QTs is a hand I don't get involved with unless I can limp along with limpers or steal the blinds from the CO or HJ. Perhpas I can rethink MP2 with this hand as it seems to be easily accepted here.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Re: 15/30 QTs turn

I like the check/call on the flop. I would bet the turn and then check/raise the river if it isn't a crub and I just get called in one spot. I would bet the river if I get called in both spots and it isn't a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

This looks very familier to a post I made a while back where I took the former line, got 3-bet on the end and was shown the nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: 15/30 QTs turn

Preflop: QTs is worth a raise in this spot and it's not particularly close. Even Q9s is worth a raise here.

Flop: I don't agree with the crowd. I think the best play was to lead. If fish calls and button raises, you call. The reason this play is right is that if you keep them both, you are getting +EV for your bet. And occasionally you will pick up the pot.

Turn: I don't like check-raising because the bet is likely to come from the wrong position. So you should lead.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:53 AM

You check and call, that's it. With the likely combatants and the said action; this hand is destined for a showdown.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:43 PM

curious, did you know/have a pretty good idea that the CO Donk would
call w/ a lot of hands here (like 10J, 88, 77, etc.?)...did you want him to call when you raised?

Limping in is more correct. If you play better post flop, as you said, then you should be limping in for that very reason! Not raising! You committ yourself more to the pot w/ the raise pre-flop,
and You want more donk calls in there pre flop...it's a multi-way hand, not a HU one.
Unless you had a special
read of the situation and wanted to get HU against the calling station donk.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:48 PM

Jason was being sarcastic. He is quoting a post from another poster who does have an ego problem.

- Jim
Old 12-20-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jason was being sarcastic. He is quoting a post from another poster

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely. I'm glad someone finally caught the reference. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that poster.