Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-19-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: How petty....Super Nit

[ QUOTE ]
I do not think it is at all inappropriate to just ask this type of player to not play in your room anymore. Although policies for 86-ing players vary greatly from house to house, just about every house has a rule that allows them to refuse service to anyone. If someone is just plain BAD FOR BUSINESS, then asking them to take a permanant hike is just fine by me.

al

[/ QUOTE ]
My wife works at a restaurant. The other night she said that two women came in and wanted to order off the kids menu. They caused a big scene with the manager who finally gave in and allowed it.

I have never understood the "customer is always right" attitude. How is it better for business to keep someone like that in your establishment? These people exist in the first place because people let them exist.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife works at a restaurant. The other night she said that two women came in and wanted to order off the kids menu. They caused a big scene with the manager who finally gave in and allowed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a restaurant possibly care about this? They want a tiny portion. Big deal. Is the waitress supposed to go off the deepend if the two women simply wanted coffee and dessert?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:31 PM

as a former waiter, I'll tell you. There is an ala carte items for adults. The kids menu is for kids, so you don't have to pay full price for a meal they probably won't eat. The kids meals are ridiculuously cheap, they are there so people with kids will still eat there (I have two kids, I've been known to not go back to a rest. where the kids meals are too expensive.,

But for an adults, the bill is tiny. They are being cheap. They can order ala carte. The waiter cares because most people tip based on the size of the bill. the restaurant cares because people are abusing it. Where I worked at in college, it was rigirously enforced. The mgr. would always back me up.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:22 AM

I don't think it was because 1 player was sitting out, it was because this guy was sitting out again (I suspect some of them were looking to leave and this just gave them the impetus to do so.) You have to admit their is something irritating about a player sitting at the table but not playing two 3 out of four rounds.