Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: I\'m experimenting. Live 10/20.

[ QUOTE ]
Playing strangly like this often generate strange situation. If he is agressive enough he might raise his overs for free showdown and even raise stuff like JTo. If he is ABC a call on the turn will make you check/fold the river right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's only a slightly better than 0% chance he has a hand like JTo here.

Rob
Old 12-12-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually checkraise flop and lead turn if called or fold turn UI if 3-bet. Are you taking this line instead just to mix up your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the line I usually take.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:55 AM

How do you usually play in this situation? If you think MP is raising lighter with CO posting? If so wouldn't it be best to 3-bet Preflop? And if he wasn't raising lighter can we really call profitably?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:26 AM

i vote for the three bet preflop and go from there
Old 12-13-2005, 08:28 AM

I think this is a fine line to take against passiveish players. But I wouldn't try it at 10/20 6max on party because you will get raised an insane amount of the time (which is why i often play flopped sets, etc this way).
Old 12-13-2005, 01:06 PM

It's funny you should bring up this line because I've been thinking about it quite a bit recently. Basically, any time the flop comes rainbow with 1 non-Ace broadway and 2 rags, I think this line is optimal when you are holding any 2 cards. I think it has the same fold equity as a flop CR and turn lead, but is cheaper. An added benefit to this line is the strangeness of it. I find that an opponent will often check behind on the river when he calls the turn, probably out of confusion. So, you often get to showdown cheap when you otherwise would have been bluffed out of the pot. And, they will often miss value bets on the end when you are beaten but want to showdown because you spike a pair on the end (not in the 22 example, but other hands like 98 where you spike an 8).

A lot of people will say that you are getting raised on the turn often when you donk, but I think those players that are raising your donk are also 3-betting your flop CR or waiting for the turn to raise. Plus, I doubt that it's a line that you would use against over-aggro players, especially those that are aggressive with medicore holdings on the turn.