Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-30-2005, 11:47 PM

Default (Stars 1/2) Looking for a check-raise with quads

Fairly new at the table, UTG is very passive the Button is more active and has been lost quite a bit already.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks
Old 11-30-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: (Stars 1/2) Looking for a check-raise with quads

or button will fear the ace and check behind with his 8/7/22/33/44/55/etc that he would have called a bet with. or maybe utg is trying to c/r you with his slowplayed T9 or 88 or 77 or A8 or A5 or A9 and you're missing out on countless bets with the nuts.

HMMMMMMMMMMM bet.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:51 PM

I have to bet this. No one with a straight draw or non-Ace overcards is going to help you out here.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fairly new at the table, UTG is very passive the Button is more active and has been lost quite a bit already.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]???????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? If I'm reading this correctly, you hit quad sixes on the turn. Was that a check for value, or do you not like money?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:32 AM

I think the button is still in the hand, and he's hoping the button will bet so he can check-raise.

I don't see why though. There is no reason to think that he will bet that card. Just got to bet and realize that hitting quads is lucky, but hitting quads when someone else hits a strong hand is really lucky (and doesn't happen often). Let them call at least and hope they have something.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:36 AM

When you checked that river, god killed a kitten. Good job.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:40 AM

Dude I'm coming back from a month plus of not playing poker to tell you to bet this river. If the button folds he wasn't betting anyway.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude I'm coming back from a month plus of not playing poker to tell you to bet this river. If the button folds he wasn't betting anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:52 AM

Thanks; I'll tell my odd tale of not-much-woe in another thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 02:57 AM

Why did you check this river?