Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Anyone have Exact Chip Counts of the Raymer vs. Kanter hand?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with everything you've said. He played it perfectly to setup Kanter, and take his stack. My point is that this late in the tournament, after having outlasted 6k people, you don't NEED to make this play. You don't NEED to put yourself in a position to get outdrawn. Why even take that chance?
I respect Greg, and I know he got a terrible beat. But, he knows as well as anyone that one pair to the river is NOT a great play for ALL your chips. You absolutely positively DON'T want a pot going to the river at this stage in the tournament. Greg could've taken close to half of Kanter's stack, and STILL be in great position to win the tourney without having to go to a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, if you want to get all the chips in the tourney, why wouldn't you set your self up for a 9:2 showdown favorite? You have to risk chips to win, if you want to move up in place, then you're right, Greg should have played it harder; but he doesn't want to move up in place, he wants to take 1st.

You sound like a softy trying to survive the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I give. Everyone else is correct. I'm wrong. Thank's for pointing it out. Funny thing though. Seems to me that Greg lost the hand, and ended up going out. Wasn't that what happened? Hachem faced with the same situation, played it differently, and stayed in to win. Hmmmmm...

Funny, I saw Hachem play big pairs very strong a few times. Shutting the door. Damn donkey. I just don't get why he played this way when he had the chance to build the pot, and take even more chips.

I have a funny story for everyone that you might enjoy. I was knocked out of the WCOOP main, and was railing some big name players. I was watching Raymer, and he had a pretty healthy stack. Top 10% I believe. He called a standard raise from another stack that was a little less then his. Flop came down low card rainbow. He called a half pot bet. Another low card hit the turn, but two diamonds were on the board. Raymer moved in. Guy called. What do you think Raymer had? K-10 diamonds. What do you think the other guy had? Who do you think won?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet a 40 to 1 longshort at a racetrack one time. Guess which horse won? I am a handicapping genius.