Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Terrel Owens Suspended indef

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is he is injured and may have missed a game or two. So all they are doing is not paying him. The article says he can only be suspended by the team for 4 games. Interesting to see how this works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

TO's injury comments were mostly BS. He practiced at full speed this week.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think this pretty much puts the Eagles out of the playoff race?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't put them "out" of it, but I think they were a dog to make the playoffs even before this happened. This just makes them a longer shot.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:47 PM

Yeah, when a team that passes ~75% of the time loses their pro-bowl reciever it really puts them in a rough spot.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:57 PM

that sucks =/ i like TO, one of the few ppl in the world that enjoys his antics
Old 11-05-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it worth it taking on a guy like T.O. (or Moss, or Keyshawn, or any of these mouthy prima donna receivers) if you're going to end up suspending him anyway when he mouths off? If you spend millions on a Pro-Bowler who alienates his former teams by being a dick, aren't you accepting his baggage too? Why even pick up a head case if you won't use him when his attitude eventually boils over?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally no, but in the Eagles case yes for two reasons. They badly needed a #1 WR (i'm sure everyone remembers the Eagles/Panthers NFC Championship game) to get them over the hump and into the Super Bowl. He did that for them last year. Now he was injured for the NFC playoffs but they would not have gone 13-1 without him last year. On the field he accomplished what they brought him in for.

The 2nd reason is b/c they did not sign him to a huge cap killing deal so after this season is over they can release him and just move on.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:43 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T.O.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that sucks =/ i like TO, one of the few ppl in the world that enjoys his antics

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take this the wrong way, but you really seem to like everybody that sucks.

Consider eschewing evil once in a while.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:04 PM

Is this going to turn into a Keyshawn Johnson situation? I can't imagine any team sitting one of the top players at his position in the game because he complains a lot. Especially Philly who has nobody at WR besides him.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think this pretty much puts the Eagles out of the playoff race?

[/ QUOTE ]
Without Akers and McNabb at full strength, plus the NFC East, I didn't have them making the playoffs anyway.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Was TO right?

He should not have publicly stated a couple things, but it is interesting to consider if what he said has some merit.

Would the Eagles be better with a healthy Favre over an injured McNabb?

Should the Eagles have publicly recognized TO's 100th career TD?

As for healthy Favre vs. injured McNabb, I don't think it is too much of a stretch to state this. But by saying it publicly, TO just damages an already bad relationship with his QB.

As for the organization ignoring his individual accomplishment - I think the Eagles could have done wonders for their relationship with TO by showing him a little appreciation here. And it may have gone a ways toward shutting him up for the rest of the year and he may not have opened his big mouth about McNabb.

The Eagles management is a little too hardline with their players, not just TO. It has worked in recent years but they are starting to reap what they sow. Corey Simon has been sorely missed and has helped put the Colts D over the top. NFL games are won and lost by the best players on the field, not the average players. The Eagles are flirting with disaster if they think they can just run good players out of town if they make a few waves. Westbrook may be the next to go.