Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 09:14 AM

Default ING closes accts when customers require too much service (slightly OT)

Move over Party, you have competition for the worst customer service...

CNN link

And if you're looking to have your hand held, online accounts are not for you. ING Direct, for instance, closes an average of 3 percent to 4 percent of accounts a month, when customers require too much personal service.

"We fire our customers is a colorful way of putting it," said ING Direct's Kuhlmann. "While the banking business says the customer is always right, we're online guys and you can only do business with us in a certain way."
Old 10-03-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: ING closes accts when customers require too much service (slightly OT)

I'm actually happy they do this. I have no plans to interact with their customer service (I've had an account there for awhile now, and can't figure out why someone would even need to contact their customer service). Getting rid of the bad accounts help keeps my interest rate higher (however i might be switching to emgigrant since they are 4% now).
Old 10-03-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: ING closes accts when customers require too much service (slightly OT)

A. Great customer service and 2% interest rate.

B. No customer service and 3.4% interest rate.

I will take B. all day long.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: ING closes accts when customers require too much service (slightly

The correct answer is actually "C" ... do you see why?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:11 PM

Seriously, how much help can you need with an online savings account?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:21 PM

As far as being slightly OT, you have enough respect to get away with it IMO. A lot of us care about this kinda stuff. But that begs the question: with the addition of several new forums, I think we could greatly benefit from an investment/savings forum (or does the stock market forum act de facto in the capacity already?).
Old 10-03-2005, 08:40 PM

Ive called ING support once because i needed my acct number. I guess i just cant imagine a business telling 3-4% of their customers to get lost each month. Word spreads fast and this can come back to bite you in the ass. Imagine the uproar there would be if you emailed stars support and their reply was "you sent us too many emails this month so we are closing your account". I just believe in treating all customers with respect, even if they have greater needs. Who knows, some guy needing support might be thinking about depositing a serious chunk of change in the near future and just testing how the bank is run...

cubs
Old 10-03-2005, 08:45 PM

Keep adding new forums and soon we will have nothing left to talk about in the Zoo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I remember the day when just about everything was posted in the Zoo, even some OOTish stuff.... them were the golden days when there was a strong community feel. I still love this place but it doesnt have feel it once did. Too many new names for me to remember in my old age and the content of the Zoo continues to get diluted. Oh well, all things must change i guess....

cubs
Old 10-03-2005, 08:46 PM

Jesus. The question of course is how much 'service' is too much. One question to cs every 6 months? Two in three months or what? ING has a great reputation - but I will have to go with Emigrant after hearing this nonsense from them.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:49 PM

Sounds like this "Bank" has all the business it wants.

Of course if I was a drug dealer with 7.8 million on deposit I would not anticapate any problems.