Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Let\'s talk about Absolute

You know when I start a post with "hey micro buddies!" I'll probably be asking for help on a topic that's only slightly appropriate for this forum. So hey micro buddies! (in my defense, I did highlight the word microlimit used in context later in this post)

My current situation is that I haven't had a single dollar in any poker sites since the Party meltdown. I'm about ready to get back into the swing of things, and I'm trying to set up a game plan.

I'd prefer to invest a minimal amount in and pull a Grunchcan-style bankroll charge from almost square one. Fortunately, having never deposited a single dollar in a poker site before (I started with Pacific's free $10 and went from there), I'll be able to whore almost every site.

This led me to the subject of my post; that absolute 200% deposit bonus looks like a great way for me to stick in about 100 bucks and walk out with a sufficient bankroll for 0.50/1, whereupon I can move those funds around from there and hit up some other bonii.

So I've checked bonuswhores and Wookie's and Greg's insightful br building guides. But I'm interested in general experiences at Absolute microlimit bonus clearing. I recall a recent thread where everyone says that their games are very easy, despite lukewarm BW reviews? Are there any problems clearing this bonus at a 0.50/1 6-max table? Anything else I should know before starting?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Let\'s talk about Absolute

You have to have .25c raked for it to count towards your raked hands...so good luck playing micros. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

EDIT: In all honesty there's no way in hell you're clearin a bonus there with $100. $300 minimum.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:55 PM

yea, I've never played lower than 2/4 at Absolute but I hear it takes a long time to clear bonuses there at .5/1. I would wait on Absolute until you have a roll for 1/2 or 2/4 and get r******k.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:55 PM

I've only played the shorthanded tables, but those can be very soft from my experience. If you're comfy with headsup play and you want the fishiest table at the site, just sit down at an empty table and wait for the pond to stock. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The VPIPs at the full ring table look tighter than I'd like, but who knows how those guys play postflop.

Absolute is the new Party man, so pick up a table mod and get to it!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:58 PM

I'm not a fan of AP 2/4 6max, but the 1/2 6max is a gold mine and probably so is the .5/1. I remember the full rings there were very tight, and frustrating if trying to clear bonii.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:06 PM

Get a _________ deal before you sign up.

If you play the 1/2 short games at Absolute the bonuses will pretty much spot you 5bb's per 100 raked hands played.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you play the 1/2 short games at Absolute the bonuses will pretty much spot you 5bb's per 100 raked hands played.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Also with the 2/4 comment earlier - those are a bit rough. I'm rebuilding my confidence as we speak... er... type. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 06:12 PM

i did it when it was AP150, and i am still clearing that out - i've played about 400 1/2 6max hands and 600 .50/1 6max hands, and i've cleared $70 of it. so about 45 big bets if you average between the two - about 5 bb/100

both games have been pretty loose passive when i play around 6pm pacific time (9 eastern). i think it matters a bit when you play at absolute. if i play at 10pm pacific, it seemed pretty laggrotaggro.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Also with the 2/4 comment earlier - those are a bit rough. I'm rebuilding my confidence as we speak... er... type. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, but since Redd's only depositing $100 these games are kind of out of the question anyway aren't they[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of AP 2/4 6max, but the 1/2 6max is a gold mine and probably so is the .5/1. I remember the full rings there were very tight, and frustrating if trying to clear bonii.

[/ QUOTE ]

The man speaks the truth. However, since I got my Pokershare account closed, I may just keep playing the 2/4 6 max there anyway. The bonus doesn't clear all that quickly at 0.50/1, but it's comparable to a lot of other bonuses, certainly bonuses of that size. 1/2 6 max is really where it's at, though.

If you're willing to go balls to the wall whoring, you could try hitting up the Bet365 new player bonus, which is a 5x $50. You can get another $100 5x bonus (no deposit necessary) if you play 1/2 or higher. Caribbean Sun is a very easy $90 if you get both the new player bonus and the monthly bonus, which clear concurrently. You'll have to get a PIN by snail mail to cash out, though, so maybe that's not the best option until you have a roll big enough to split in two. Get rakeback at CS. Unfortunately, you just missed out on a Paradise bonus that would have been good, too.