Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Playing Poker Full Time QUARTER 3.3 (10 Month Report)

[ QUOTE ]
my hourly has been around 97

[/ QUOTE ]

and you think that's enough to live on??

oh wait - did you mean 97 DOLLARS?
my bad.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my hourly has been around 97

[/ QUOTE ]

and you think that's enough to live on??

oh wait - did you mean 97 DOLLARS?
my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to 97 what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most of those numbers were from playing 2-4NL and 2-5NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
and probably around 9 BB/100 as I usually play 2 tables at a time

[/ QUOTE ]

It now makes perfect sense.

Hey: Nothing wrong with making ONLY ~$75K on your first year... but I'm sure Ron Jeremy made more on his first year... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 06:35 PM

Deutchmark??

Pesos??

Soles?? (the currency on Peru)
Old 09-07-2005, 06:57 PM

This is pretty interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.

I have a couple of questions,

are you playing 6 max or full ring ?
Why only two tables ?
Is rakeback included in these numbers (please tell me you have it) ?

thanks
Old 09-07-2005, 07:15 PM

I don't think these questions were intended for me but I will now make stuff up and answer for DeathValley anyway even though I don't know him.

1. DeathValley is playing full-ring

2. DeathValley prefers 2 tables because he is able to better focus on his opponents which is kinda important in NL. He could do more tables than that of course, but is concerned that he would suffer burn-out faster. This way he believes is +EV in that it allows to keep on chugging throughout the week. There's plenty to be observed on just 2 tables if one wants to pay attention.
Also - it increases DeathValley's chances of improving his game, thus allowing him to advance to 5/10 NL like he is now.

3. Yes. DeathValley has a good rake-plan on his pokerroom 'skin' of choice. His total income that he has stated does indeed include the rake-back and was instrumental in helping him stay around 'even' during that tough 2+ month stretch he had in there.

Other info about DeathValley that I"m going to make up.

DeathValley is a Sagitarrius and was also born under a full-moon.
His blood-type is AB-.
He's travelled a bit but has never been to Asia or Africa.
He enjoys movies, fine-dining and walks on the beach...has really good prospects....and is a nice catch for the right person.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:26 PM

Thanks for these reports! Even though I'm an amateur with no intentions of going pro, they are interesting to read. And they let me dream a little about doing what you do, even if in reality I quite like what I do for a living, and don't think pro poker is for me. (One of the big drawbacks for me, were I to go pro, would be all the effort I would have to spend learning how to play good poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Best of luck, and keep the reports coming!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I'm sure Ron Jeremy made more on his first year... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats a hell of a memory [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think these questions were intended for me but I will now make stuff up and answer for DeathValley anyway even though I don't know him.

1. DeathValley is playing full-ring <font color="red">Except this month when I am playing 5-max to generate a lot of rake so that I will earn a 40% RB rate for the next 12 months </font>

2. DeathValley prefers 2 tables because he is able to better focus on his opponents which is kinda important in NL. He could do more tables than that of course, but is concerned that he would suffer burn-out faster. This way he believes is +EV in that it allows to keep on chugging throughout the week. There's plenty to be observed on just 2 tables if one wants to pay attention. <font color="red"> Especially true since I like playing a lot of hands, in fact the average 2+2er would puke if they saw the hands I call raises with. That being said, these hands can only be played profitably if played very well </font>
Also - it increases DeathValley's chances of improving his game, thus allowing him to advance to 5/10 NL like he is now. <font color="red"> Its also a lot more enjoyable, which many people seem to be willing to give up when playing more tables </font>

3. Yes. DeathValley has a good rake-plan on his pokerroom 'skin' of choice. His total income that he has stated does indeed include the rake-back and was instrumental in helping him stay around 'even' during that tough 2+ month stretch he had in there.
<font color="red"> Actually, I played quite a while without rakeback, but always tried to play with a bonus. Whenever I did not have one available I would play at UB where I always had tons or Bonus Dollars waiting, as stated though I now have rakeback at a site I like </font>

Other info about DeathValley that I"m going to make up.

DeathValley is a <font color="red"> Cancer </font> and was also born <font color="red"> showing </font> a full-moon.
His blood-type is AB<font color="red"> Your guess is as good as mine </font> -.
He's travelled a bit but has never been to Asia or <font color="red"> South America, Australia or Antarctica </font>.
He enjoys movies, <font color="red"> dining </font> and walks on the beach...has really good <font color="red"> elbows </font>....and <font color="red">was </font> a nice catch for the right person.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2005, 08:33 PM

You state that "I gain nothing by posting this.." but I hope that you are at least getting other people's appreciation (besides mine).

Thanks for the great post, and keep up the good work. Best of luck (is poker really about luck?) in the future.