Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Re: So Frustrating (venting post)

I just played 3/6 live and sat for 4 hours before dragging a pot. KK cracked by a rivered straight, a flopped set of Js cracked by a rivered flush, you name it. If you can't get used to being a favorite and losing, poker really isn't for you.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:50 PM

I know what's you're going through. Its not so much each beat but a succession of suck outs that sets me on tilt. Something I need to work on. I had my flopped nut flush cracked by a runner, runner full house. He had 32o no less calling raises all over the place. Plus the party tables are a lot more aggressive than say Pacific so the swings can be much greater. Hang in there.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you truely understand how much you a favorite in these situations then you'll be able to:Enjoy a Bad Beat

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a very good read that we all should make it as much a part of our game as good starting cards.

Playing no limit a couple of weeks ago I picked up J8c in the BB all checked to me last hand of the night. I've played extremely well for me and have built up maybe 290 or so. Anyway, the flop comes 79T rainbow. I bet ten into a pot of maybe 12 or 15 dollars and UTG makes it 55 and the button moves all in for $65. I make it $265 or something (which was a bad play that saved me money) and the UTG folds turning over top and bottom. The button chuckles and comments that he’s probably behind and turns over the same 7To.

I've got the stone nuts against 2 players with top and bottom pair and it can't any better. Yes it can. The 7 came on the river and fills the buttons boat and I say nice hand and cash out.

The other player couldn't believe I was so calm and cool.

Seeing the big picture is hard when you're bleeding chips all over the table but I'm catching on. You can't make money without the help of poor players and taking these hits is just part of the game that’s as necessary as the cards themselves not a badge of honor or anything like that.

These are the good beats and they are truly a thing of beauty.

Thanks for the Link