Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Flop and turn play?

Everyone at this table was loose-passive, but the Button had better agression than the others and wasn't afraid to raise. I had been playing with him for a couple of hours and noticed that he wasn't afraid to raise a good hand, either pre-flop or post-flop. In fact, I was thinking he'd be a decent player if he just stopped playing so many hands pre-flop. Everyone else at the table will call if they have any piece.

I specifically interested in what everyone thinks of the flop raise and the turn bet.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Flop and turn play?

Borderline PF raising from the SB with ATs. I personally wouldn't do it. With AJs, sure.

Flop: Easy lead bet. When button re-raises, I think you should call. You're drawing, you don't want to face everyone else with two bets, and you don't have enough equity for the 3-bet to be for value if it becomes heads-up. You got lucky with someone else sticking around.

Turn: Check-call.

River: Lead if you hit trips, straight, or flush. With two-pair, check-call 1 bet. Unimproved, check/fold. It's far too likely one of them has K or Q.

edit: I'm ambivalent about flop 3-betting. I don't think you're clearing up any outs since you'd hear from AK or AQ preflop. But, your 12 (or more with the aces) out draw does come in 48% of the time with two cards to come, so it wouldn't be terrible heads-up.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:03 PM

Perfecto.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:05 PM

Looks great. What's your plan for the river?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:06 PM

I raise preflop and smooth call the raise on the flop.

I bet the turn.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:08 PM

already know my opinion mate,

Call the flop raise, keep BB in for one bet back to him. Your drawing to the nuts so customers are welcome.

Your not exactly trying to clean up any outs so making them face 2 cold is not the greatest.

Could have gone to HEADSUP with only some deadmoney in the pot to keep you calling.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When button re-raises, I think you should call. You're drawing, you don't want to face everyone else with two bets, and you don't have enough equity for the 3-bet to be for value if it becomes headsup. You got lucky and got someone else to stick around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree
Old 09-26-2005, 07:09 PM

What about cleaning up Ace and Ten outs? These guys WILL play any ace, so I want A3 to fold, or T3.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:11 PM

To everyone who's betting the turn (so, basically everyone):
What is our turn bet accomplishing here? What are we hoping to achieve with our bet?
We don't have the fold equity for it, we're likely already behind and don't have the equity to bet for value, and if someone did improve to a straight or something we're paying 2 bets to draw. Why not check-call on the off chance that we get a free card and avoid the chance that we'll be raised?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:12 PM

I like it so far.

It sucks when the river bricks in these kinds of hands.