Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Official High Boltage Thread (SD-Indy)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Merriman is a freaking beast.

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy is going to be an insanely good player.

[/ QUOTE ]
The last few games he has really exploded into his own. He will be fun to watch. Plus he has an amazing nickname.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a charger fan trapped in MN and I'm unaware of the nickname. Please enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

His nickname is Lights Out. He has a tattoo of of a lightswitch on his forearm.

He got the nick after knocking 4 players out for the game in High School.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is true that manning's intentional grounding cost them a shot at winning. that point was really just glossed over in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

that and the patriots, who played the toughest strecth of games in NFL history without richard seymour and dillon which accounted for thier somewhat pedestruian record. not to mention having the best coach in the NFL making gameplans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Chargers have had a tougher schedule, but it's pretty close I'd guess.

"not to mention having the best coach in the NFL making gameplans"

This really needs to be said more often cause it's so damn true. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Belichick.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is true that manning's intentional grounding cost them a shot at winning. that point was really just glossed over in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

that and the patriots, who played the toughest strecth of games in NFL history without richard seymour and dillon which accounted for thier somewhat pedestruian record. not to mention having the best coach in the NFL making gameplans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Chargers have had a tougher schedule, but it's pretty close I'd guess.

"not to mention having the best coach in the NFL making gameplans"

This really needs to be said more often cause it's so damn true. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Belichick.

[/ QUOTE ]

overall they may have, but that stretch in the early season was brutal. it was argued it was the toughest in NFL history, but i have no idea.

@ car
@ pitts
San Diego
@atlanta
@denver

bye week

buffalo
indy
Old 12-18-2005, 06:13 PM

Rover,
Please find where I have ever placed ALL blame on Manning. I have simply maintained that
a) he was the perpetrator of a crucial penalty that inhibited the Colts from winning the game
b) he took a sack that ruined the same chance
c) he is a grand-master-pooh-bah choke artist

It comes down to the simple fact that HE is the leader and QB of the team. He would get all the praise if he had driven them to a game winning touchdown. Conversely, he recieves the blame.

Call it whatever you want, moxy, intagibles, whatever. Do I believe 100% that if you put Brady in there he would have won the game? Yes. How? I don't know- a lucky scramble, a different audible, instilling an impending sense of doom in the defense, etc.

Peyton had the chance to drive them to win, to save the perfect season, to further cement his legendary status... and he didn't do it. That, to me at least, is the definition of a choker.

(could the line have blocked better, recievers run better routes, etc, etc- of course. but they didn't. for legendary players this shouldn't matter, they put the team on their back and win. Peyton stumbles, time and time again)
Old 12-18-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jacksonville plays a cupcake schedule

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean the part where they played the Jets, Texans, Titans, Cardinals, Browns, 49ers, Texans, and Titans?

To their credit, I guess, they've won the first six of those. But their margin of victory is 6,7,3,7,6,1. That's not very impressive.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:29 PM

Chargers...

@NE
Pitt (coming off their bye week)
@Oak (coming off their bye week)
@Phila (coming off their bye week)
KC (coming off 10 days of prep because they played early due to hurricane)
@NYJ (coming off their bye week)

Now that is a tough strech.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and Bruschi, and a thrown into the fire secondary, and...
Old 12-18-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rover,
Please find where I have ever placed ALL blame on Manning. I have simply maintained that
a) he was the perpetrator of a crucial penalty that inhibited the Colts from winning the game
b) he took a sack that ruined the same chance
c) he is a grand-master-pooh-bah choke artist

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see much difference between that and your half dozen or so post about Manning being a choker. You could see how I might have got the wrong impression...[ QUOTE ]

It comes down to the simple fact that HE is the leader and QB of the team. He would get all the praise if he had driven them to a game winning touchdown. Conversely, he recieves the blame.

Call it whatever you want, moxy, intagibles, whatever. Do I believe 100% that if you put Brady in there he would have won the game? Yes. How? I don't know- a lucky scramble, a different audible, instilling an impending sense of doom in the defense, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really need to consider the game as a whole and not just the few plays that in the end seem decisive(sp). I can't image any defense being significantly more scared shitless facing Brady than Manning. You can talk about and believe all that intangible stuff all you want. But that [censored] right there is ridiculous.

As for Manning getting all the credit/blame, just because the media are a bunch of fucktards doesn't give you the excuse to be.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chargers...

@NE
Pitt (coming off their bye week)
@Oak (coming off their bye week)
@Phila (coming off their bye week)
KC (coming off 10 days of prep because they played early due to hurricane)
@NYJ (coming off their bye week)

Now that is a tough strech.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:50 PM

Rover,
You don't have to consider the whole game in regards to Peyton and choking. He had a chance to drive his team to win. He didn't do it.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't image any defense being significantly more scared shitless facing Brady than Manning. You can talk about and believe all that intangible stuff all you want. But that [censored] right there is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever actually played a game of football?

Did you see Manning during the drive? Did you see the defense? They weren't rattled at all. They should have been once the ball started moving. They should have had the sense of dread in their stomachs, the feeling of helplessness that occurs when an offense is confident and clicking and driving down the field.