Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Hand...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Preflop capper seems okay. I don't think he's capping light here. Look okay?

Krishan
Old 10-16-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Hand...

I usually lead the flop, but I don't check/raise very much. I like the rest of it.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually lead the flop, but I don't check/raise very much. I like the rest of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The check raise traps the field since the likely better is on my left. I think it's pretty standard.

Krishan
Old 10-16-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The check raise traps the field since the likely better is on my left. I think it's pretty standard.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan, I don't understand this. If the BB capped it preflop, wouldn't you bet out hoping for a raise so you can isolate the BB as well as 3-bet (assuming you still think you are ahead at that point)? Unless you mean you are tryin to trap the button for two bets with a check-raise? I guess that makes sense, but wouldn't you rather just isolate your one opponent?

Sammy
Old 10-16-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess that makes sense, but wouldn't you rather just isolate your one opponent?

Sammy

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, my hand can stand the heat of having 2 opponents.

Krishan
Old 10-16-2005, 11:40 AM

I think this is fine. If the board were say 9 high, I'd consider trying to find a place to put another bet in, but on the jack high board you're likely looking at AcKc, AcQc, AA, and JJ that beat you and QQ that you beat.