Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 06:26 AM

Default i suck at blind defense

SB is a TAG, I haven't seen him do anything out of the ordinary. I haven't shown down much other than premium hands over the last 100 hands.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(8 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Value raise here against a steal?

Flop: (6.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

my 3 bet rationale -- If I'm SB, I check-raise here with nothing a fair amount hoping to pick up the pot when rags flop, so my 3's might be good -- if he caps I call and fold the turn UI.

Turn: (6.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Picked up the flush draw, still betting for value.

River: (8.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Kinda chickened out...anyone bet this river UI?

Final Pot: 8.00 BB.

Comments on all streets appreciated -- I feel like I'm in these blind steal situations vs. the button or SB a lot, and don't have a clue what line to take...I always feel like I'm being overaggressive.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: i suck at blind defense

Dude, I feel your pain. I always seem to pick ths worst times to defend my blind. I guess bet the river and hope he figures you have AK, but most of the time you are getting called and shown 10 10 or some other bs.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:40 AM

I probably would have just called preflop and then popped SB's flop auto-bet when I caught a pair of 3's.

Given your preflop 3-bet, I wouldn't have 3-bet the flop checkraise.

But I don't have any big objections to the approach you took. It's just that I don't have a good feel for how my opponent handles blind-steal situations very often, and so lately I've been doing more calling and opting for the approach of winning or losing a small pot.

(But if I think my opponent will let me push him around, then I do try to. SB's preflop raise indicates he doesn't plan to be pushed around though -- during this hand, in any case.)
Old 12-18-2005, 08:23 AM

I call his c/r and call down or bet when checked to. I fold to another c/r on the turn if its not a heart.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:19 AM

I don't mind your play on any street.

I think the river check-behind is quite clear. Out of position we would be in a really interesting spot, but in position we have a clear check-behind.

Will