Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Big pot blinding me?

Just an average Pacific table. Little on the loose side, no maniacs.
Pacific $3/6 6 handed

Hero dealt 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB

4 limpers, 1 fold, hero calls (5 SB's)

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Utg bets, Utg+1 raises, Mp cold calls, Co calls, Hero calls, Utg calls (7.5 BB's)

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Utg checks, Utg +1 bets, Mp calls, CO raises, Hero?
Old 12-03-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Big pot blinding me?

I lead that flop

I don't understand the question on the turn, you can't fold this.

edit: the coldcallers make you nervous? you are getting great odds here, sometimes you are up against a bigger fd but not enough IMO

they can easily be calling with Q/J or straight draws
Old 12-03-2005, 04:30 PM

this is one of those flops where you debate checking or betting. i like checking. search for and read shant's thread on betting draws out of position. i like your check on this board for reasons discussed in the thread. if you bet, you may get raised by someone right after you. this flop is never getting checked through.

but then... you had 3 (maybe 4) people trapped on the flop with a flush draw? semi-taking into account the times someone has a larger draw and the times someone has a big [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] that will outdraw your turned flush, you should still 3-bet the flop for value.

you're getting 11.5:2 immediately, and even if UTG+1 3-bets, MP folds, and CO caps, you will bet getting 16.5:4. this is the worst case, and it is still a call.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:34 PM

Thanks. I didn't fold, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too influenced by the size of the pot. I was fearing a bigger flush if I did hit the river
Old 12-03-2005, 04:38 PM

Thanks I'll look up the Shant thread. As I was typing the hand history I though to myself, "self, you should have raised the flop after all them callers".
Old 12-03-2005, 04:40 PM

Hi Spartan-

I had a similar question yesterday about killing baby flushes. If you saw it , it was pretty obvious I needed to call. Same in this situation, I'm looking at your hand and it's pretty obvious you need to call. When you're in the hand and you watch the river come out 3 to a flush and you lose to a higher one, yeah, it sucks. But even if that happens half the time (which it doesn't) you're still getting the correct odds to call the turn.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:46 PM

thanks happydaz

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Utg checks, Utg +1 bets, Mp calls, Co raises, Hero calls, Utg calls, Utg +1 calls, MP calls (17.5 BB's)

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hero bets?
Old 12-03-2005, 04:55 PM

yes bet it, call one raise
Old 12-03-2005, 04:56 PM

Flop: I think when its 2 back to you with all those people cc ing and trapped you should make it 3bets. UTG will be the only one who has to call two bets and he is somewhat likely to after showing some interest in the pot.
Turn: Don't even think about folding.
I saw the last card from the other posts. I think you should lead out. c/r CO shuts people out.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:11 PM

Thanks chairman, use to play against you on Empire. I don't spend much time their now. (Magic1983)

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets, Utg raises, Utg+1 folds, MP 3bets(1st aggression he's shown in this hand, flush?), Co caps, all call (33.5 BB's)