Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 05:52 PM

Default QQ 100 ub hand

UB 100 nl, effective stacks are about 70,
I am UTG with QsQh, and pot it to 2.50, CO minraises to 5,folded to me and I call.

Flop is 5s6s2h

I check, and he bets 2.75(wtf), i think and pot it to 22, he thinks forver and calls.

turn is the 3h

I pot it for 57, he has like 40 left, how is my lins so far,
any problems so far?
Finn
Old 11-18-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: QQ 100 ub hand

he obviously has u beat since ur posting this, does he have KK or AA
Old 11-18-2005, 06:14 PM

Well, first of all, a pot size raise preflop to open would be $3.50, not $2.50.

A minireraise is aces or kings the vast majority of time. I call preflop thinking I'm beat. When he bets $2.75, I'd just call. It sure smells like aces or kings being played by a donk trying to milk it for all it's worth. You're probably beat but for those odds, I'd call. I don't see much point in raising because he does have aces or king more times than not and he's not folding.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:48 PM

worst case you are behind to KK AA

Best case you are ahead of JJ or something.

Slightly worse best case - he's got AsKs or something like that and had decent flop odds to call, but now facing a large turn bet he's gotta fold.

You are either way behind, or very slightly ahead I think most of the time....I'd consider checking behind on that turn...I don't want to give the free card real bad but i'd like to see showdown and i'd like to get there cheaply...hate these spots.

I'd have probably called the flop bet, and raised a blank turn......then taken a free showdown if he called.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:10 AM

Default results thoughts

thanks for the replies, i won the hand when he folded the turn. however, i felt like i put myself in a pos to lose the max or win the min, or at least that is kinda how it felt. however, i was pretty sure the flop bet was not an attempt to milk the max but rather a donkish bet by a bad player with a margnial hand. nevertheless i think i should have been more passive calling the flop and leading the turn or maybe cring the flop and checking the turn? spots like this is why i suck at NL.
Finn