Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:41 PM

Default anyone play it differently

Hero is bb with 99, MP1 raises, cutoff calls, button calls, SB folds, hero 3 bets, MP1 caps, everyone calls.

flop 8c3s9d

Hero checks, MP1 bets, cutoff calls, button calls, hero raises, MP1 3 bets, everyone calls

Turn Jd

Hero checks, MP1 bets, cutoff calls, button calls, Hero raises, everyone calls

River Qs

Hero bets, MP1 folds, cutoff raises, button 3 bets, Hero folds, cutoff calls
Old 12-12-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: anyone play it differently

I call the raise preflop, looking to keep the pot relatively small and put in my chips with a favorable flop.

I lead the flop, looking for MP1 to raise, because there's a pretty obvious draw out there that I'd just as soon not give an excuse to stay in. Check/raising just fattens the pot and lets the coldcallers get tied to it for 1 bet, making it less likely that they'll potentially dangerous hands before the turn. And especially after you 3-bet preflop and the PFR capped it, you should be pretty confident of his raising and your being given the opportunity to 3-bet again. Whether I take your line or mine, I look to get 4 bets in on the flop with my top set.

Lead the turn for the same reason. 3-bet if possible.

Tough fold to make on the river, but probably a good one without reads on both CO and Button as being idiots.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: anyone play it differently

I donk the flop and make sure the flop is capped. And I happily lead the turn and hope i get raised again so I can 3 bet the field.

it is great your opponent likes to overplay his high PP, but if he had half a clue, you'd be missing out on money.

actually the whole hand just reeks of FPS, and luck would have it that you got rivered.