Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 02:50 AM

Default K5o in the BB.

Comments? MP2 is a bit of a LAG.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (2 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, SB folds.

River: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Bet the flop?
Old 11-02-2004, 02:57 AM

Default Re: K5o in the BB.

Depending on how much of a lag, i might go for the checkraise on the turn. Looks good though.

peace

john nickle
Old 11-02-2004, 09:54 AM

Depends on how much of a lag. If he will almost certainly see the turn regardless, I like the check here. Your hand is marginal, it's not one I want to go to war over if he lets chips fly - but it's worth calling him down if he does want to throw chips around.

The rest is pretty dull - though I might have 3-bet on the end depending again on how much of a lag.

- Jim
Old 11-02-2004, 11:00 AM

The question of the flop bet really depends on your fortitude in the face of a raise. The flop is good because it isn't really coordinated, but the 9 gives you a bit of a problem. People love to limp in with 10-9, 9-8 and such so if he raises you on the flop would have to call, but you might be throwing chips away if a blank falls. Also being in early position, makes the check-call a good play.

I like the pushed on the turn because it kinda hides the two-pair. I like the bet on the end as well. And I think it is up for debate on whether you three-bet the river. The extra 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] can give you a little bit of a scare if you think the guy is LAG enough to play 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but you would expect him to raise the turn if he thinks he has something.

I would have three-bet, I think...

-Gryph
Old 11-02-2004, 11:10 AM

I bet this flop from second position. You may have the best hand and you have outs if you don't. No one has odds to draw against you in this small pot. This bet is very profitable unless someone already has a better pair and the odds are against that.

My philosopy in these situations is if you feel like you want to call a bet, you should take the initiative yourself and avoid giving the free card.

If I had to go first I would probably check and see, often folding, maybe checkraising. I would also probably not get involved from this position with K2 or 53.