Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Will Rove Resign?

Two quotes from Karl Rove's speech to Republican supporters in NYC yesterday

"Has there ever been a more revealing moment this year?" Mr. Rove asked. "Let me just put this in fairly simple terms: Al Jazeera now broadcasts the words of Senator Durbin to the Mideast, certainly putting our troops in greater danger. No more needs to be said about the motives of liberals."

And

"Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers," Rove said. "Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war.... "

So, once again with the President's numbers tanking, Rove brings up 9/11 to save his boss and blames everything on the liberals. From the first quote Liberals want our soldiers to die. And from the second quote;Liberals don't see the savagery in the attacks and want to offer the perpetrators therapy.

I think that it was pretty clear that in the months following 9/11 the entire country, regardless of political leaning, backed the President and the country. Where things started going downhill is when the Adminstration lost focus on OBL and started the Iraq debacle.

If Sen. Durbin's comments a week ago were inflammatory (and true), how do these blatant lies rate???
Old 06-23-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Will Rove Resign?

Of course the anti-war liberals want more soldiers to die. They were pissed off that we took Bagdad as easily as we did. The gleefully count down every casualty.

They play right into the terrorists hands, useful idiots as always.

Of course, there are some that are genuinely afraid for the troops. But the leadership plays on these fears, and every death helps them to undermine our efforts.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course the anti-war liberals want more soldiers to die. They were pissed off that we took Bagdad as easily as we did. The gleefully count down every casualty.

Of course, there are some that are genuinely afraid for the troops. But the leadership plays on these fears, and every death helps them to undermine our efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beavis, you are aptly named ...

Sadly typical response to a well-reasoned initial post. Liberal = bad/bad = liberal. What a joke.

In the interest of full disclosure, I voted for Reagan twice, and the semi-intelligent Bush twice too. Then came Junior ... as far as I can tell, a cowboy with an extra chromosome.

Rove's statements are ludicrous, and the implications are offensive. History indeed showed that there was bipartisan support for our reaction to 9/11. And to suggest that Democrats are somehow overtly or covertly rooting for the enemy is just dumb.

Sometimes, you have to step outside the boundaries of the world that Rush Limbaugh and Fox News have defined for you and decide for yourself what is right and wrong.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:41 PM

"Of course the anti-war liberals want more soldiers to die."

Of course this is the statement of an ignorant person.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the thing I hate about politics. How one side always questions the others motives. Like if someone came out and said all pro war conservatives just wanted to slaughter innocent muslims. It is ridiculous. Most people hold political views because they believe them the right thing and good for the world.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:38 PM

he will neither resign nor apologize. anyone who believes otherwise in fooling themselves.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:45 PM

"No more needs to be said about the motives of liberals."

He must be taking advice from Felix Nietsche.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:04 PM

This is just going back to the best play int hier playbook, a damned effective one. Blame the opposition for being wimpy, and un/anti-American, while molesting the 9/11 dead.

Don't blame the Republicans. It's the dumb ass American people they eat this up. Don't be surprised if it works again.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:06 PM

Interesting. With all the sh*t this administration's put up with from the liberals, it's about time one of them swung back. Rove does not and should not resign, imo. He made a large opinionated generalization. But it's a far cry from what liberals have been saying about this admin since '00. So if you're looking for sympathy 'cuz Rove called you liberals out, then you're going to be looking for a long time.

And these comments hardly mean much in the face of what Durbin said and how he acted afterwards. Face it, the man is a coward. He had the balls to stand in front of an almost empty room and compare our soldiers to Nazis, Soviets, and the Khmer Rouge (my opinion and it is clearly shared by many), but when the heat gets turned up, he tucks tail and offers a fake apology. Hopefully Rove at least has the balls to stand behind his words.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:44 PM

That's why I'm glad Howard Dean is the new chair of the Democratic Party -

every once in a while, you need someone who will stand up to Karl Rove and call him for what he is - a goddamn liar. I think Howard Dean and his backers are willing to do this and not be political about it, but simply honest - (he reminds me of Jesse Ventura a bit from the mid 90's, and we all know how well the Republicans and softie Democrats did stopping him) - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I look forward to a reinvigorated Democratic party cleaning up the 2006 and 2008 elections, esp. now that it's widely accepted that GWB is already in the early stages of Lame Duck status.

RB