Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Loose reraise PF? - 2/4 Razz

Haven't seen or posted a Razz hand before, I'll do my best

7-handed 2/4 Razz on FullTilt

Villain is MP1

UTG brings it in with a K, 3 folds (A,A,T upcards folded, wow 2 aces FOLD on 3rd? Haven't seen that before), Villain takes awhile (which he hadn't before when raising) and pops it up with a 5 showing. Tc folds, I reraise with (67)5, UTG (K) folds, Villain takes awhile and calls.

4th street:
Hero: (67)53
Villain: (xx)56 - I bet, he calls

I've seen him take cards off against made 7s and 8s with a big pair and 2 low cards showing, and doesn't release even his rough draws, so he likes to go far with marginal hands.

5th street:
Hero: (67)539
Villain: (xx)56A He bets, I call

This to me is a bit read-dependant. It's not likely he paired his ace, but this guy is aggressive, and it's not likely for me to have an ace either, I'd think he'd bet or raise a 6 or 7 draw on 4th. I guess I'll just have to take my thrashing here if this was a horrible call since I could be board-locked.

6th street:
Hero (67)5394
Villain: (xx)56AQ I check it to him, and he takes awhile and checks behind. Like I said, I haven't seen much deception out of him, I'm really not feeling he has a wheel or 6-low here, but a rough low drawing to maybe a 6, or maybe I'm trying to make excuses of my bad play ha. I'm really thinking about firing a value bet on the river, though.

7th:

Hero: (67)5394(4)
Villain: (xx)56AQ(x) I do bet, and he calls

Results:

Hero: 34567(49)
Villain: A2568 (TQ)

Do you think his call is ok with a decent 8 here with me showing a 345x? He was actually drawing dead on the river turns out. Was this terrible even with a read? I'm not liking my line now that I look back at it [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Loose reraise PF? - 2/4 Razz

There are alot of idiots on the Full Tilt Razz tables, and I think the only place you can comtemplate folding is on fifth, but I wouldn't either. The fact that he checked behind on 6th is a huge give away he is scared of what you have if you called him down. Nice hand sir.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't seen or posted a Razz hand before, I'll do my best

7-handed 2/4 Razz on FullTilt

Villain is MP1

UTG brings it in with a K, 3 folds (A,A,T upcards folded, wow 2 aces FOLD on 3rd? Haven't seen that before), Villain takes awhile (which he hadn't before when raising) and pops it up with a 5 showing. Tc folds, I reraise with (67)5, UTG (K) folds, Villain takes awhile and calls.

4th street:
Hero: (67)53
Villain: (xx)56 - I bet, he calls

I've seen him take cards off against made 7s and 8s with a big pair and 2 low cards showing, and doesn't release even his rough draws, so he likes to go far with marginal hands.

5th street:
Hero: (67)539
Villain: (xx)56A He bets, I call

This to me is a bit read-dependant. It's not likely he paired his ace, but this guy is aggressive, and it's not likely for me to have an ace either, I'd think he'd bet or raise a 6 or 7 draw on 4th. I guess I'll just have to take my thrashing here if this was a horrible call since I could be board-locked.

6th street:
Hero (67)5394
Villain: (xx)56AQ I check it to him, and he takes awhile and checks behind. Like I said, I haven't seen much deception out of him, I'm really not feeling he has a wheel or 6-low here, but a rough low drawing to maybe a 6, or maybe I'm trying to make excuses of my bad play ha. I'm really thinking about firing a value bet on the river, though.

7th:

Hero: (67)5394(4)
Villain: (xx)56AQ(x) I do bet, and he calls

Results:

Hero: 34567(49)
Villain: A2568 (TQ)

Do you think his call is ok with a decent 8 here with me showing a 345x? He was actually drawing dead on the river turns out. Was this terrible even with a read? I'm not liking my line now that I look back at it [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet 6th.

Well played
Old 05-06-2005, 09:06 PM

The only reason I'd raise this on 3rd is to punish a chronic stealer - a slight pause doesn't mean much online. Your raise commits you to 5th, but it's not the biggest mistake since you certainly have a small edge against his range of hands.

You shouldn't be thinking about folding 5th, and you really must bet 6th.