Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 04:07 AM

Default KQo A Big Loser. Hand 1.

I just realized that KQo is a big loser for me. I have it tracked 267 times. Is anybody else having a problem with KQo? This should not be happening. I have started reviewing it. I see I am overplaying it sometimes. I see some times where I make Top Pair but I should be letting it go.

Here's a hand I didn't want to give up on. The river call was clearly a mistake. What do you think of the flop and turn though?

PTY 1/2 6 max

I don't remember what read I had on SB. Looking at his stats now they are 40/0 over 30 hands. A little loose and quite passive. (Is it possible to see post flop aggression on opponents? I don't see a way to bring that up.)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I figured SB could be betting out with a King I probably have outkicked, so I raised.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 08-06-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: KQo A Big Loser. Hand 1.

Without any reads, I don't think this was seriously overplayed.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember what read I had on SB. Looking at his stats now they are 40/0 over 30 hands. A little loose and quite passive. (Is it possible to see post flop aggression on opponents? I don't see a way to bring that up.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Double click on that player's name in the list and all the stats will change to reflect his/her play; you can then find his/her postflop aggro through the "More Details" button the same way you find your own.

As for the hand, I certainly don't see any overplay; looks like you got hit with a set. I might fold the turn U/I if he was real passive. FWIW ATo is my unlucky hand, winning maybe 25% of the time at best. I hate ATo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 04:29 AM

i would had played it the same way. i like the flop raise btw.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:33 AM

I call down from the turn aswell, but I dont love it, just canīt fold here without a read.

Often just call on the flop when you are closing the action here and then raise him on the turn. The lead is mostly something you beat. Usually middle pair or such.

Make sure you make a note on his betting here if he showed you 2 pair or a set, then you may be able to fold earlier another time.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:26 AM

grunching

I probably play it the same way you did. flop raise is a must here in my oppinion, but i just call down after the 3bet. sure it reeks of a set or twopair, but I think there are many Kx that might play it that way.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The river call was clearly a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the river would be a big mistake.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the turn basically commits you to call the river. You should either be folding the turn or calling down all the way. Calling the turn, and then folding the river UI is about the worst way you can play this hand.

I would have probably played it the same way.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the turn basically commits you to call the river. You should either be folding the turn or calling down all the way. Calling the turn, and then folding the river UI is about the worst way you can play this hand.

I would have probably played it the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. For instance we have a good read villain has 2 pair, we have never seen him bluff over hundreds of hands, and he likes to checkraise the turn whenever he has something more than 2 pair. We're behind but we have between 5 and 6 outs depending on what kind of 2 pair he has, enough to call the turn, yet we should fold the river. This is purely hypothetical and I agree calling the river is best in this situation.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:06 AM

hey tbrooks

this is one of those hands where i always pop the villain somewhere and end up calling down if the villain insists that i am beat. the only thing is with these passive type they bet when cards help their hand, so they really couldnt care less what you have. against a 40/0 i would probably just call call call. maybe raise the river if its safe enough or if it looks like it helps my hand (Q or an 8 would be cool)

you have the K of clubs so he cant have Kx of clubs.

tough spot but its one that we face daily multiple times. no need to step on the throttle unless you are up against a more aggressive opponent.