Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-22-2005, 03:48 AM

Default doug lee is gooot!

Steven Hudak Doubles Through Doug Lee
Log: Steven Hudak raises to $9,000, and Doug Lee calls from the button. The flop comes Ks-7d-5d, Hudak bets $12,000, Lee raises to $30,000, and Hudak moves all in for $66,000. Lee considers the situation for several minutes before calling with Ad-Js (ace high). Hudak is in the lead with Ac-5c (pair of fives). Lee will need to catch a jack or running diamonds to eliminate Hudak.

The turn card is the 2h, and Lee is down to his last three outs. The river card is the Kd, and the crowd momentarily reacts to the appearance of paint. But Hudak's pair of fives hold up, and he doubles up in chips.

good one doug good one, i guess that's why you are a WSOP circuit champ.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:35 AM

Default Re: doug lee is gooot!

I guess he put him on a flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 05:12 AM

Come on, it wasn't terrible.

Oh wait..yes it was.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:23 AM

i'm also impressed by hudack's play who said "fug you" basically to doug lee. I mean once Doug calls, I wonder if Steve was thinking "F*ck, I'm beat", only to be called by a worse hand drawing to 3 outs. I mean seriously, he's not a total fluke. With a WSOP circuit title and a final table at PLO, and now this final table he must be doing something right....like gamboooolin'!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:53 AM

i guess it was only 36000 more to him getting like 4 to one on the call.
you might criticize the play but it was aggressive. he did not passively call off his chips. there is a big difference.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:25 PM

The raise was aggressive, but how is calling the all-in move not "calling off" his chips?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The raise was aggressive, but how is calling the all-in move not "calling off" his chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it was done aggressively. Lee brandished a knife and let loose with a primal scream straight from the diaphram while pushing in his chips.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 PM

its only 36000 so hes getting like 5 to 1 on the call. basically no one else is going to try to bluff him now either.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:47 PM

if he decided to call it anyways, his bluff should have been all-in instead of a raise of whatever amount he did raise for...
Old 11-22-2005, 04:21 PM

I wasn't necessarily questioning the call. I was questioning your characterization of it as "aggressive."

As far as the call, where do you get 5-1? Given the levels of the blinds and antes, it looks like less than 4-1 to me. So, he's risking something like 20% of his stack to make the call, getting 3.7-1 on his money, with only 3 outs if Hudak has a King (which seems reasonable given the action). Even if he thought Hudak paired a 5 or 7, wouldn't Hudak's most likely holding (for his other hole card) be an A (which again, means only 3 outs)?

Another possibility is Hudak is making a pure bluff or a semi-bluff with a flush draw, but when it only costs Lee $36K to call, that's not much of a bluff.