Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 10-29-2005, 07:00 PM

Default The one time an open fold is correct!

First ever straight low flush I've got in stud/8, and he open folds on 6th!

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.10 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (2.05 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (4.05 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (4.05 BB)
Old 10-29-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: The one time an open fold is correct!

LOL.

Reminds me of a hand I had yesterday. Party 10/20 stud high, and I raised up front with (A7)A and got one caller. I made open aces with (A7)AA and he had something like (xx)JK. I bet and he called. Then I made open trip aces! I checked and he open folded.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:42 AM

Since we're going for low content here, I'm reminded of a limit hold'em hand that someone posted on this board in the late 1990s. Some people limped in, and our hero, who hadn't played a hand in an hour and a half or so, raised in late position with whatever. Big blind called, so there's, say, five people to the flop, which is whatever. The action goes fold, fold, fold, fold, and hero takes it down uncontested.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:13 PM

How about the exact opposite. An open call?

It was a live 15/30 stud game, and there was a drunk elderly man in the game. He was playing every hand, albiet slowly, and he wanted to chat. He was really pissing off a couple of the players, who wanted him kicked off the table. He was in the 8 seat, so I switched to the 7, even though I was on the 'wrong' side of him, so I could help him out. I would help stack his chips when he won a pot, and nudge him along when it was his turn. I wanted him as happy as possible because he was blowing off chips to everyone around like my ex-wife...never mind.

Anyway, a hand comes up where a solid player raises an ace. I call with a 3 flush, the old man calls with a K up, and another player calls. The solid player hits an ace, showing (XX)AA, and the rest of us hit rags. We're showing things like (XX)85, (XX)J4 and the old guy has (XX)K3. The aces hesitate as he looks at the rags, he can't check and he can't bet. He finally bets 30, I muck, the old man pushes his cards in, and the other player mucks. The dealer pushes the pot, and starts to wash the cards.

Suddenly the old man cuts out 30.

"What are you doing?" asks the dealer.

"I'm calling," says the old guy.

"But you mucked your cards."

"Why would I muck my cards?" he shouts angrily,
"I had kings!"

The player with the aces is shaking his head over this 'bad beat', and knowing it is far too late, tells the dealer to give the guy his kings back.

So here we had a call with no cards, and the guy with the three aces has to listen to the old guy complain how mad he is that his kings got mucked.