Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 09:28 PM

Default *Fraud Warning* Switching from AT&T to Cingular

I went to my local Cingular store today to switch my ATT account to a Cingular. The reason I was switching is that I noticed a degraded ATT network and thought that switching to a Cingular plan would help out some service issues.

Here is the Warning:

1.) You have to Switch phones. This isn't a big problem if you take the free phone but they also don't want to migrate over you numbers. Who has a few hours to migrate over the 90 numbers in my phone?

2.) 18 dollar fee per line to change over. This sucks again because I have 2 line and would be charged twice

3.) Less min. for the same amt. of money. I currently have 1300 min. for 74 dollars They want to give me 1100 min. for 72 dollars. This is a nationwide plan

4. I currently pay 9.99 for a second line, Cingular wants to now charge me 19.99 for the second line

5. My nights and weekend starts at 7 p.m. with my current plan and it would start at 9 P.M. with Cingular. If I still wanted it to start at 7 p.m. I would have to pay another 7 dollars per line.

Can you see why I'm pissed off. I pay these pricks 100 bucks a month and they are trying to Con me into paying more by screwing me out of minutes. I forgot to say one thing. You do get "Carry Over Minutes" but is it really worth it?

I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and stay with my AT&T plan for now but I just wanted to warn anyone that doesn't read the fine print or know what questions to ask.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: *Fraud Warning* Switching from AT&T to Cingular

You do realize Cingular and AT&T are no longer seperate companies right? Cingular bought out AT&T and they now run off the same network, someone is giving you faulty info.
~Justin
Old 04-06-2005, 09:53 PM

Damn your cell phone bill is expensive.

I pay $50 after tax on my Sprint billing plan.

AFAIK you almost always have to switch phones when changing carriers.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:02 PM

It is the same carrier though! haha. Or maybe I am missing something?!?!
~Justin
Old 04-06-2005, 10:05 PM

Sorry, I had started the reply before you posted so I didn't see your response at the time.

I don't know if Cingular / AT&T merged or not, but if they did OP just got royally ****ed.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:09 PM

i took cingular rollover for $39.95, i forgot how many peak mins, unlimited off peak & nights.

i squeezed my pussy TIGHT the first month and have been whoring roll over. i used to be verizon and i paid $90 a month for 8 years. i have now paid only $39 for last 7 months. i am saving hundreds because of rollover.

oh. i get 50 idol votes a month for $2.99 more
Old 04-06-2005, 10:14 PM

Hey, you could look for a new carrier, I heard and saw that Cingular now has the worst cust service in the industry. I used to have ATT, left because signal was horible, went to Cingular, good nationwide plan, then discovered TMobile, same network as Cingular but I got nearly twice as many minutes per month, currently considering Verizon for better coverage(thats the only reason), never had a problem with Tmobile, they are pretty big and should be ok for a while. BTW, there was a bitch session on the radio last week about the Cingular/ATT, and a few people said that with some complaining, you were still able to get non-GSM theu ATT wireless still, dont know how trithful, but it may be worth a try.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:23 PM

I just made the switch last week.
1. I agree the phone switch is a pain. My computery (good word, eh?) brother-in-law says I can buy some cable off ebay for $7, use it to download my phone book to my computer, then upload same to my new phone. Haven't tried it yet. Can anyone help here?
2. If you complain enough, they'll take away this $18. The way they caved in to me was that they got AT&T to credit my final bill for $18. (Cingular still charged me the $18 but they netted out.)
3. I guess I don't talk as much as you. Rollover more than makes up for this difference.

Bottom line: I agree with you......Cingular/AT&T suck!

Btw, even though it's the same company, I'm pretty sure the Cingular network is somehow better than AT&T.
-web
Old 04-06-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there was a bitch session on the radio last week about the Cingular/ATT, and a few people said that with some complaining, you were still able to get non-GSM theu ATT wireless still, dont know how trithful, but it may be worth a try.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? This is downright shocking to me. I tried to replace my old non-GSM with the same thing and they wouldn't let me, I loved my 'lil ericcson, also worked a few days for AT&T 1 year ago and this was a big no no even back then. And yes I said a few days, working on commission is NOT my bag [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
~Justin
Old 04-06-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize Cingular and AT&T are no longer seperate companies right? Cingular bought out AT&T and they now run off the same network, someone is giving you faulty info.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I realize this. It is one company but they are really running as two different companies at this point. ie. I currently have an AT&T plan but I would have to change phones to move to a Cigular plan. I bought this phone about 4 month's ago.