Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 06:30 PM

Default The Tsunami Bonus Whoring Challenge

It's still not clear how many thousands of people died in the recent tsunami caused by the massive earthquake that took place off the coast of Thailand, but it is clear that the number is enormous. This is something that, I'm sure we can all agree, is a tragedy of the greatest magnitude. So, without trying to be all high and mighty, I thought I would issue a challenge to all you guys here on 2p2.

Most of us have some bonus that we have not cleared yet, be it a signup at a site we have not joined yet, or an iGMpay bonus at one of the Party skins. So, I was thinking (uh oh!), and this money could help a lot of people in the Asian South Pacific. So, here is my challenge to you: clear a bonus you have not already hit, and donate that money to a charity to help the victims. Here are the rules: you keep all your winnings apart from the bonus you clear. However, let’s say you run poorly, the bonus you clear can go back into covering your losses. (Let’s say you were clearing a $100 iGMpay bonus, and you played less than break even over that period, loosing $25, then your donation would be $75). If you ran really bad and lost more than the bonus, then you are not obligated to donate. This way the challenge doesn’t hit anyone’s bankroll. Another plus: this will be tax deductible (I’m pretty sure.)

You can donate to any legitimate charity that helps the victims. I donated to UNICEF but if you like another charity better feel free. Post your results here – let’s see what a little good Karma can do for your luck at the tables! Good luck to all that participate in this challenge. And be thankful we are not in a situation where we have to deal with this kind of disaster.

If you you want to look and see if there are any bonuses you have not cleared yet (most of us probably have at least one or two), check out bonus whores to see what you have missed. Let's all whore for the tsunami victims!
Old 12-28-2004, 06:40 PM

Default Re: The Tsunami Bonus Whoring Challenge

Nice thoughts and hopefully some will do it.

Personally I send $100 every few months on a good bonus venture to http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ . The reason? I like to keep it close to home, and these guys are worth it. Help take care of the sons of America as well if you can.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:41 PM

I like it, count me in. I don't know which bonus it will be but I'll figure it out tonight and report my contribution.

The magnitude of this tragedy is enormous. The disaster relief effort will be the largest in history and they are bound to require fantastic quantities of medication; disease may end up killing as many as the tsunami. Very sad.

cbf
Old 12-28-2004, 06:53 PM

Good Stuff...thanks

(this should be posted in each fourm)

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 06:55 PM

Perhaps not in each forum, but at least the Internet Gambling forum, where most of the bonus whoring posts are.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:28 PM

Good idea -- I will post it in the zoo as well.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:33 PM

I've got a $50 bonus I'll contribute from signing up for Eurobet.

Rob
Old 12-28-2004, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a $50 bonus I'll contribute from signing up for Eurobet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! Thanks much!

Anyone else?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:14 PM

I will do it.
What is a good charity to donate to......the Red Cross?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:28 PM

Very good suggestion.

I think many winning pokerplayers (especially in Europe where we don't pay taxes) could and should donate some of their winnings to a worthy cause. Two of my friends and I are sponsoring 25 underpriveledged kids in Latin-America at the cost of $12.500 pr year. That money is by far the most productive thing to have come out of our pokerplaying, and to be honest it feels good that what you do for a living makes a difference to something greater than the depth of your own pockets.