Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 01:04 AM

Default $11: Flopped set early game

How is this set play?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t735)
UTG+1 (t245)
MP1 (t770)
MP2 (t795)
Hero (t770)
CO+1 (t785)
CO (t1150)
Button (t710)
SB (t1095)
BB (t945)

Preflop: Hero is in MP3 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, Hero calls t15, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t5, BB checks

Flop: (t45) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t45) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets t15</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t65</font>, SB calls t50

River: (t175) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t175</font>, SB calls t175
Old 12-30-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: $11: Flopped set early game

I think your play is fine. One thing you should start thinking about is fast playing your strong hands.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:42 AM

I agree that slowplaying usually means trouble. The board was relatively "unscary," so I checked to see if I could "catch someone up." In retrospect, I might have raised more on the turn.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:44 AM

I wasn't insinuating that slowplaying could mean trouble. I'm saying that you want to build a pot. This rainbow flop is pretty unscary.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:47 AM

Good point.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:38 AM

I probably would've bet 1/2 pot on the flop.. I don't like giving out free cards when you've already hit your hand. Though, I think I might've raised slight more on the turn when the straight draw showed up. Other than that, it looks fine to me.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that slowplaying usually means trouble. The board was relatively "unscary," so I checked to see if I could "catch someone up." In retrospect, I might have raised more on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure on the flop the ace good kicker hands are betting for sure, the ace bad kicker hands might also bet. Anyone else is folding to a bet so I would also check the flop.

The turn, well that is just a continuation of the rags of the flop so I might continue to slow play here.

I would have played this very similar.

--
tjh