Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-25-2005, 03:40 AM

Default 22$ I feel dirty giving up this easy.

Villian is donk with 40/10 vpip/pfr.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t1130)
MP2 (t1720)
MP1 (t1405)
UTG+1 (t975)
UTG (t740)
BB (t205)
Hero (t1110)
Button (t715)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises t100</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero calls t75, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t150) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets t150</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>
Old 12-25-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: 22$ I feel dirty giving up this easy.

I'm slightly confused...if he raises it t100, then wouldn't you need to call t150? or if he just called, wouldn't your call be t25?...the big blind is t100 right?

Anyway...if the BB is t100, I push this preflop.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:18 AM

Ya it is a little messed up. The blinds were only 25/50 and i called 75 out of the small blind.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:27 AM

As I have said plenty of times before, unless I am getting value for the set I never call preflop. It leaves you unsure.

If you raise you get more information. if you only call, a low board might mean he has a higher pocket and a high board may mean he has hit. Without raising you are always in quite a bit of doubt. If you click the raise and he re raises again, you can be quite confident he has you beat.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I have said plenty of times before, unless I am getting value for the set I never call preflop. It leaves you unsure.

If you raise you get more information. if you only call, a low board might mean he has a higher pocket and a high board may mean he has hit. Without raising you are always in quite a bit of doubt. If you click the raise and he re raises again, you can be quite confident he has you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then you cant fold anymore because you have just comitted yourself to the pot.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then you cant fold anymore because you have just comitted yourself to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't fold what, the flop? If thats what you mean, thats why I'm either raising or folding this as soon as its raised PF.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:21 PM

The line is fine if you've read Cloutier's book. I however respectfully disagree. This is uber weak tight. The flop is actually a pretty good one for you. It is uncoordinated and there is only one overcard. You may easily have the best hand, as Villian could be holding AK, AJs, 88-99.

Because of this you must lead out and bet, preferably half the pot. Often villian will fold. If he raises or calls, you can reevaluate.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:21 PM

flop is uncoordinated, and you've got a pocket pair with only one over on board. definitely lead this flop for 100. otherwise, i think chances are you're folding to air here.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:30 PM

lead flop for 150. also, i'm willing to get it allin on flop if villian raises. because [censored] that guy.