Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-19-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: P. Gordon on Matusow on LFTP

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a donkish noob?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, sometimes.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whether or not the Mouth is good for poker, he is good for TV. The fact that this is being discussed here is evidence of that. Mike the Mouth, Tony G, etc., are the guys we love to hate. Not all that different from watching pro wrestling, now that I think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony G is scary...

I don't think what is good for TV and what is good for poker are the same. I think there's some grief out there now, and that in a while it may escalate as people boycott certain events because of certain corporate rules.. If this type of stuff we're seeing now continues to escalate (Danny N. w/the TOC, Blind structure in 06 WSOP endgame, etc) it may just result in poker becoming yesterday's thing, and having a lot of the easy money walk out the door with the cameras.

Nothing is popular forever, and the world seems saturated with poker right now.... I hope it can last long enough for me to add a digit or two onto the old bankroll before it tightens back up.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:53 PM

chris rose sucks.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:28 PM

Mike's "berating" of other people's play is done in such a sarcastic joking manner that anyone who takes him seriously is as big of a donkey as he says they are.

90% of what he says is quite hilarious, maybe 10% could be taken as mean spirited, and it is usually deserved due to people being total douche bags.

And who cares if he says F---? Poker rooms were built for drinking, smoking, and saying F---. Playing cards came later.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:29 PM

Also, they made a good point in the fact that poker players are always mic'ed up unlike other sports. No one makes a big deal about Tiger Woods swearing when he hits a bad shot, or all the trash talk Micheal Jordan or an NFL player gives during a game. Mike is just competetive, and maybe goes overboard once in awhile but its no different from many athletes (not saying he is one btw..).
Old 12-19-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chris rose sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like him.

Much better than than that slobbering prick that wrote The 20K breasts.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:30 AM

Mike Matusow is all talk until he's up against superior players.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the new mike?

same as the old mike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I can't get Norman Chads voice out of my head. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, they made a good point in the fact that poker players are always mic'ed up unlike other sports. No one makes a big deal about Tiger Woods swearing when he hits a bad shot, or all the trash talk Micheal Jordan or an NFL player gives during a game. Mike is just competetive, and maybe goes overboard once in awhile but its no different from many athletes (not saying he is one btw..).

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet we still must listen to ESPN's idiots bitch about Mike... le' sigh. And now, we must here people in the Norman Chad of the 2+2 forums quote that stuff.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:06 AM

The only problem I have with Mike Matusow and others like him is that they encourage berating bad play. People who play too many hands online should not have to endure constant insults from douchebags who saw Mike/Phil H./whoever do it on TV. It's bad for the game.