Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Jmans Always Draw

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop can be played either way.

Turn - I don't like the nearly min-raise make it $400 or 500 for reasons buttons mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but doesn't a 3-bet scream flush? true villain might have one too, but wouldn't it be better to call then 2/3 value bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

NL is a game of stacking your opponent. Only chance to stack here is if opponent has smaller flush, and only way to stack that is to raise turn. If opponent does not have flush, hero's not getting much more anyway, so the way to play this is to maximize value if opponent happens to have the flush.

A similar situation would be an AAK42 board where hero has a boat. Betting small might get value from a king, but what hero really wants is to stack an ace, so constant raising and betting big is the way to go.

Jumpman, you played this hand fine.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop can be played either way.

Turn - I don't like the nearly min-raise make it $400 or 500 for reasons buttons mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but doesn't a 3-bet scream flush? true villain might have one too, but wouldn't it be better to call then 2/3 value bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

NL is a game of stacking your opponent. Only chance to stack here is if opponent has smaller flush, and only way to stack that is to raise turn. If opponent does not have flush, hero's not getting much more anyway, so the way to play this is to maximize value if opponent happens to have the flush.

A similar situation would be an AAK42 board where hero has a boat. Betting small might get value from a king, but what hero really wants is to stack an ace, so constant raising and betting big is the way to go.

Jumpman, you played this hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id prefer a turn call.

If the guy has a smaller flush, why would he be minraising here? It seems more likely that he either A) has air and is looking to pick up the pot on the river, or B) has something made like KJ and is asking you to reraise him with a better hand so he can get away. I'd prefer to call the turn planning to push the river over a decent lead (or pot it if he checks).

I completely understand the need to stack people with big hands, but not only do you have a good chance to stack a smaller flush anyway by call/pushing (I mean he leads the river a huge chunk of the time, and almost always for enough for you to get all in and him to not get away), but also you let garbage hands make a ballsy pot-sized river lead or sneak some value from worse made hands. I just don't see much value to be lost here by calling.

Everett
Old 12-03-2005, 09:55 AM

Who cares if you announces your hand?

Even tho players sees the obvious they have a small voice in there heads that says, "ehh he bluffs or my two pair is the best hand, and the pot is so big, i can't fold now".
Don't overestimate your opponents to think they are thinking like you do.. And if they are, then you have to find another table.

And also like the previous people have said.. There are a tons off cards that will kill your action or even kill your hand if he have two pairs/set of nines. Any club, Any A,K,Q,J,10,9. Thats around 24-26 cards!! Half the deck!

Well played hand Jman!

EDIT:
But I should have raised on the flop.. Many times you get the pot for free. That is good. Many times you will get a free card on the turn. That is also good. Many times you will hit your draw and then the pot is already big so you can bet big and win big. That is good. The only bad thing about semi bluffing is if he re-raise you on the flop it could be too expensive to draw and you have to fold your hand. That is bad. The option is yours! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But i like to gamble it up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Jmans Always Draw (5/10 6max)

I'd raise the flop~

Tex
Old 12-04-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Results

He minreraised the turn, I pushed. He called with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Money was getting in almost no matter what.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Results

cool...why did you post this hand again?