Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: What Tiffany Willaimson did right

I agree that she made some horendous plays, but I cant understand how everyone is all up in arms, it was suited right?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have never read a bad post by you, until now. I will never believe she's anything but horrible. Horribly horrible. Total fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what?

Why are people so hostile about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. It just sort of irks me that anyone could ever consider her good. I don't know. I'm in a bad mood. Sorry.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:11 PM

She took forever to make decisions throughout the entire tournament. She had the clock called on her several times, not just when she was at the featured table.

It is pretty apparent that while she does have to have some poker skill to get that far, she did make it to Binion's more on luck than on skill.

The only thing that annoyed me about her was how long she took to make decisions that really should have been easy lay-downs. Aside from that, I happy for her that she had such a successful WSOP. Luck is a factor in poker and luck was with her during the Main Event.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: What Tiffany Willaimson did right *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by Dynasty

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? 1000's of posts flaming this tool and you delete mine? What gives
Old 11-03-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without question she was 100% stalling as a tactic to move higher up in the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I guess that's the other reason she could have had for taking so much time. It really did seem like an (exceedingly poor) acting job to me. I didn't buy the "oh, damn, I can't believe I was forced to fold this . . ." line at all.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:22 PM

I can't understand how anybody is defending her as a player or as a person at the table. She was disrespectful and didn't know any poker etiquette.

She asks for a chip count on Raymer and when he answers her (Very Clearly), she looks at the dealer and asks for a count, blatantly disregarding what Raymer said. That pissed Shekain off and that is why he asked for the clock. That is the defending world champ. Have some respect. Also, she is contemplating a million dollar+ pot and decides she is going to stroll into the crowd. No need to do that with KJ. I love when she asked Shekain for a count. Like that was necessary in that position. His quick response was great. She has no idea what she is doing. I guarantee if people who played with her for most of that tourney posted here they would have negative things to say about her play and etiquette, or lack there of.

I understand that this is what amateurs do but she took it to a whole new level with her betting and antics.

The bottom line is these players are playing for $7.5 million dollars and she is playing it like it’s your regular home game. There was no strategy or reasoning to her three horrible plays on TV. Please stop quoting Sklansky as if that is why she was moving all in.

BTW, is everybody ready for Raymers bad beat, not that I was happy to hear about it. I just can't wait to see the actual betting and reactions. I hear it is one of the worst of the tournament, if not the.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its like some other poster said, its similar to the spelling bee finals where they ask all those stupid questions to get extra time to think

"Can I get a count? Name? Country of Origin? etc."

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong on this. Spelling bees have everthing to do with language of origin -- germanic, latin, greek, etc. HUGE determining factor in constructing the spelling

'Zarzuela...... Can you use it in a sentence?'- from some spelling bee
Old 11-03-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never read a bad post by you, until now. I will never believe she's anything but horrible. Horribly horrible. Total fish.

[/ QUOTE ] check it
Old 11-03-2005, 04:32 PM

I agree with Dynasty. Why is this such a big deal?

Just the fact that we are on 2+2 shows that the majority of us play more poker than the average player, and know more about it as well.

We should all be aware by now that the best player doesnt always win, or advance deep. Why get mad over short term resuts? Jealousy? Envy?

Was a big deal made when Moneymaker won? If so, why? If not, why not?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are people so hostile about this?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's amazing that people are so hostile about it. She has said she's a beginner. I think the hositilty generally stems from (to quote a poker pro that posts here occasionally) the difference between "look how great I am" and "look how much you suck".