Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Recent Home Game Arguement

Maybe the Borgato[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] has some strange house rules; guess it's why I usually play at the Trop.

The only thing I can think of is what if Williams didn't have enough to post the full ante, which would have left him nothing for the blinds. I haven't come across that situation yet.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the WPT last weekend they had the episode from the Borgato. It came down to Daniel Negraneau and David Williams. Williams had just lost a big pot and didn't have enough chips to post the blind for the next hand, so the match was declared over. So the guy has a point, I think it would be an acceptable rule variant to do it this way, as long as it's announced beforehand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke, right?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the WPT last weekend they had the episode from the Borgato. It came down to Daniel Negraneau and David Williams. Williams had just lost a big pot and didn't have enough chips to post the blind for the next hand, so the match was declared over. So the guy has a point, I think it would be an acceptable rule variant to do it this way, as long as it's announced beforehand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is emphatically NOT what happened on that episode. What happened was that both Daniel and David went all-in after the flop. They were close in chips (after blinds and antes and pre-flop betting), so no one knew who had who covered.

Daniel won the hand and they both had to count the chips to see how much they had. Daniel had more chips so he had David covered. David had no more chips left, so he was out and Daniel wins.

The reason this seemed odd was that, in most TV tourneys I've seen, one player obviously has the other one covered. So if the low stack loses the all-in, everyone knows and the winner can be declared. Here, no one knew who was the low stack until the hand was over.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:44 PM

Thanks, I thought it was wrong as well
Old 09-27-2005, 08:04 PM

You'z is in the right, dawg. Ask him if he's ever heard of the expression, "A chip and a chair". Next time tell him to shizzle yo nizzle.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="black"> </font> I was down to my last $3. The next hand, I was BB for $4. The guy I was playing against told me that I could not play the next hand as I could not pay my blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is honestly the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and having played in home games for a long time I thought I had heard it all. OF COURSE you were right. The next time he tries to tell you the sky is red, and not blue, don't bother posting here for input. Just shoot him and move on with your life.

Congrats on the win, by the way.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:45 AM

Same thing happened to me in a home tourney recently. 3 of us, I'm in BB, UTG pushes and I called. When I won, we found out that I'd actually had him covered by a chip, not the other way around as we'd all assumed.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:49 PM

The guy's an idiot. You play the hand through with whatever you have left.