Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Tells

be wary of this one... this is well known and useful with weak players, but good players famililar with this tell will purposely look at their cards when they know they've
made the flush
Old 07-27-2005, 03:01 PM

I just remembered this one, at my last live game @MGM:

Turn 9 pairing the board, I was out of the hand, the older (60ish) guy to my immediate right, goes from normal pose, to *BOING* erect in the seat like a cartoon character.

SURE ENOUGH: He just made quads!

It was hilarious, I had to hold back my laughter, I had never seen a change that swift and absurd.

>TW<
Old 07-27-2005, 03:42 PM

I was playing a weak 1/2 NL game this week and saw 2 tells.. had one guy when the flop would be checked around to him he would over bet the pot in late position trying to take it down each time, one time he had A7 with 7JK flop, bet 30 into a $7 pot, other time he had top pair ace and was very worried about his 4 kicker bet 25 into a $9 pot . Other tell was JJ7 came on the board, a guy bet and the big blind immediately was asking how much the bet was and throwing in the bet. Yes he had the jack.
The second tell is pretty reliable for low limit games, and the first one you just have to find those players.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:50 PM

Read caro or watch these , and always work on your game first.

The most reliable tell I've seen is probably the "is it to me?"/"how much to me"/"how much can I bet" tell. This overeager confusion is honestly almost always a strong hand.