Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Doyle\'s other room....my experience.

[ QUOTE ]

Have you considered for even a second why NOBODY agrees with you? NOBODY.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't disagree with the OP. It won't carry much weight as I've got less than 500 posts here (I think), but at least I've not been classified as a troll (to my knowledge).

The OP is taking Doyle's Room to task for not being very customer-friendly. He's got a point, in that it's fairly obvious that the guy wasn't actually attempting to launder money, and the reason they gave him for disallowing the transfer was that they were trying to prevent laundering money. As a longtime customer of a site, it doesn't seem like it's completely unreasonable for him to ask for consideration beyond reading straight out of the rulebook.

At the same time, DR choosing the expedient path rather than the "good customer service" path is simply a business decision. I now know that when I go to DR, I shouldn't expect Stars-level customer service. Okay, duly noted. It's like TSA wanding six-year-olds that set off the metal detector at airports -- seems silly on the face of it, but it's because they've chosen to simply the rules. Whether or not it's silly is open to debate; whether or not they can do it if they want, on the other hand, really isn't.

This incident isn't going to prevent me from playing at DR at some point in the future, but it's also not going to make me scream "stupid n00b!"