Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Buyins and knowing when you\'re beat

Obviously it's table/stakes specific, but taking a poll:

What do you buyin for (# of big bets) in a limit holdem session?

Assuming you are not on tilt and table conditions are favorable, how many times would you rebuy?

What is the maximum number of big bets you will lose before you realize 1) you're outmatched or 2) that you're on tilt or not playing well - both without attributing losses to a bad run of cards?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Buyins and knowing when you\'re beat

I always buy in for 50BB.

If I wasn't on tilt, and the game was still good, I would rebuy until I was on tilt, the game wasn't good, or I was done for the day(unless rebuying threatened my BR, which should never be the case)

I leave if the table breaks up or when I am done playing. I don't lose 20 BB's and decide "these guys are better than me, I quit"(I think that playing .50/1 factors into this)
Old 12-08-2005, 01:15 PM

Due to some mental block, I buy in for 50 BBs. I used to buy-in for 25 since its easy to reload, but I started to watch my stack too much if I lost. With 50, I don't pay much attention and can focus on making the right moves. If I drop 1.5 buyins (I refill my stack if I get much under 25 BBs) then I take a break. Just to relax. If the table is good, I just sit out a few orbits. I am usually honest enough to realize if I am at a table over my head.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:51 PM

Usually you can tell if the players there are better than you. If they are (or if I think I can easily find a better table elsewhere), then I leave. If they are bad players, there is no reason to ever leave the table unless you are tilting.