Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 11:23 PM

Default What do you think of this line?

Table seems really loose. I just had a bad beat on this table and I want to make sure I wasn't tilting. BB is a calling station, SB is a TAG, and MP is loose but thinker.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 12-05-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: What do you think of this line?

For the love of god and all that is holy bet that flop. All you are doing is leaving bets on the table and not charging any draws.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:01 AM

Fold pre.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the love of god and all that is holy bet that flop. All you are doing is leaving bets on the table and not charging any draws.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2005, 12:07 AM

This line bites ass. You're last to act and you let it check through on the flop? You have a straight, y'know, and a pretty well-hidden one...bet and hope that somebody thinks you're betting a worse draw/pair! Then when you're bet into on the turn, you raise and face the blinds with 2 cold? There's no reason I see to think that somebody has better than ace-rag, here (AJ/AQ/A8/pps making sets all would have raised it preflop), so if you're hoping to represent that you're protecting YOUR ace-rag to try and get more bets out of two-pair or better, I think you're on crack.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people talk about preflop, here?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:25 AM

I was tilting...the thought streaked through my head "i have a straight and I'm gunna get no action!!!" so i panic and check. I then realize there's flush draws on the turn and panic and raise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]....really bad. I messed up EVERY street.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people talk about preflop, here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's very very close. You can discuss it all day long if you want but I don't think it makes too much of a difference. No one would think twice about calling with JT here, and T9 isn't all that extremely worse.