Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 02:20 PM

Default How did I do coach?

I got some coaching last night after continuing my downswing. One thing I can improve on is agression with a good but not great hand when a good bluff card hits and someone shows agression. I'm not saying who my coach was, he can reveal himself if he likes.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Do we like it?

Krishan
Old 04-08-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: How did I do coach?

looks like chipspewing
Old 04-08-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like chipspewing

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just call down.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:35 PM

I like it, if you plan on folding to a 3 bet and plan on checking the river. This way you charge a draw for an extra bet when you are ahead and it costs the same if you are behind a lone Q.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:49 PM

If you plan on calling down, I like this line much better. With the gaybet bluff lots of times they don't continue through on the river, which with alot of hands is why just calling is better, because they will fold a bluff but bet again on the river. Im less likely to think that applies here, so this line is better as you get 1 more bet from the draw.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like chipspewing

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a couple things at play here. First, he may be bluffing. If he is, he likely has at least a couple of out. Raising his turn bet may get him to make a fundamental theorum of poker mistake and fold. Second my hand sucks so it's easy to fold to a 3-bet. This line get's the most out of draws. It gives up the chance to fill up on the river. If I had a less vunerable hand like AA, I would call here and bet if checked to on the river. Otherwise call. Do you still think the line is spewing?

Krishan
Old 04-08-2005, 04:06 PM

What I don't like about raising is that it lets a nutcase 3-bet his draw or bluff or whatever he has and make you fold, when said nutcase would have given you just as much money by bluffing the river if you had called. In these 6-max games all strategies should be HEAVILY weighted towards seeing a showdown if at all possible with any reasonably showdown worthy hand, in my opinion.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I don't like about raising is that it lets a nutcase 3-bet his draw or bluff or whatever he has and make you fold,

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about a default line? I don't feel that at 5/10 turn 3-bets are anything other than the goods 90% of the time. And of the remaining 10% at least 6% of the time I have a good enough read not to try this line.

10/20 seems like a much different beast.

Krishan
Old 04-08-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I don't like about raising is that it lets a nutcase 3-bet his draw or bluff or whatever he has and make you fold, when said nutcase would have given you just as much money by bluffing the river if you had called. In these 6-max games all strategies should be HEAVILY weighted towards seeing a showdown if at all possible with any reasonably showdown worthy hand, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but he didnt give a read that the guy was a nutcase. Sure there are players out there like this, and raising them would be bad, but I think the average unknown 5/10 player doesnt fall into this catagory.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

10/20 seems like a much different beast.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, 10/20 villian would 3 bet you on this turn with 23o [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]