Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Structure of Daily Vegas Tourneys?

Hey all,

Heading out to Vegas in a couple months, and was scouting out the tournament scene online today. I'll be out there from a Saturday evening til Wednesday eveing.

I really wanted to play the one or both of the Bellagio's regular tourneys, but they're Wednesdays and Fridays, so that's out of the question.

I was looking at the Mirage's website, and these look promising:

Sunday: 5:00 p.m.
No-Limit Texas Hold'em
$330 Buy-in with unlimited $200 Re-Buys for the 1st hour with 1 Add-on.

Monday: 7:00 p.m.
Limit Texas Hold'em
$130 Buy-in with unlimited $100 Re-Buys
for the 1st hour with 1 Add-on.

Tuesday: 7:00 p.m.
No-Limit Texas Hold'em
$130 Buy-in with unlimited $100 Re-Buys
for the 1st hour with 1 Add-on.

Also, the Golden Nuggest appears to have tournaments on Monday and Tuesday - Monday is $125 with unlimited $100 rebuys and an add-on, and Tuesday is $125 with one $100 rebuy and an add-on.

The Orleans also has some stuff, but I doubt I'll make it over there.

A couple questions - what is the structure of these tournaments? Never played in either. Are they slow enough to give a decent amount of play?

How much money would you typically expect to spend in the Sunday Mirage tournament? Should I be prepared to spend a grand if I'm trying to give myself the best chance to win?

I can't find ANYTHING about the Mirage tournament structure. The Nugget says theirs is 30 minute rounds with 2K in starting chips, but that still doesn't tell me a whole lot.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Structure of Daily Vegas Tourneys?

I have played in Mirage events, but I only remember having one rebuy. Maybe they have changed. The structure was fairly decent. You started out with a decent amount of chips and the limits went up every half hour I believe.

I heard the Nugget tournaments were a bit of a crapshoot with limits going up quickly, but that was 6 months ago too.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Structure of Daily Vegas Tourneys?

Oh yeah, and you might want to walk into Binions on Sunday morning. They don't really advertise online from what I have found, but they were running a $100+ NL tourney that had a decent structure as well. They got about 100 players for that one. I think it started at noon.