Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Dear Lee Jones

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks -
I apologize for not posting more often. It's not that I don't enjoy doing it, but somehow the time always seems to get away from me. I'm going to collect the ideas that are here, and come back with a single post replying to as many of them as I can.

I thank you all for your patience and interest in PokerStars.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one crazy idea. I love playing in tournaments and remember the days on pokerstars of 100-300 people(about 3-4 years ago) in 10 dollar, 20, 50 and up tournaments.

Have a promotion of 100-300 player SNG's. ie. between 10:00-11:00 on a Tuesday night on the main tournament page have 20+2 200 player max. as soon as one fills up start another one until 11:00 p.m. hits. You can do this with Various buys-in and Various Max. Players. Does anyone else think this would be a good and fun idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love this, as I don't have the BR to play the high stakes tourneys and sometimes don't have time to try and wade through 1500 people, but 100-300 would be great.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have one crazy idea. I love playing in tournaments and remember the days on pokerstars of 100-300 people(about 3-4 years ago) in 10 dollar, 20, 50 and up tournaments.

Have a promotion of 100-300 player SNG's. ie. between 10:00-11:00 on a Tuesday night on the main tournament page have 20+2 200 player max. as soon as one fills up start another one until 11:00 p.m. hits. You can do this with Various buys-in and Various Max. Players. Does anyone else think this would be a good and fun idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea. I'd much rather play a tourney with 400 or less people rather than the 1000-1500 normally found.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:42 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea. I'd much rather play a tourney with 400 or less people rather than the 1000-1500 normally found.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best idea yet. Will probably never happen... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 06:35 PM

I like the single rebuy and add-on tournys they have a few times on Stars.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:56 PM

Stars doing right:

1. Lower rake than the biggest competitor.
2. Less disconnection trouble than the biggest competitor.
3. Can click in advance to call when in the small blind.

Player needs:

1. Advertise for more fish.

2. Better lobby. Just copy the features of the biggest competitor. If you increase the fish count, the lobby will only get worse.

3. In NL play, when it gets to the player's turn, or if the player gives the focus to the table when it is the player's turn, then automatically highlight the raise amount box, so the player can just type in the amount of the raise. This should speed up play some. Again, just copy the biggest competitor.

Oh yeah, and

4. Help Poker Tracker Pat out.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
PT compatability is a big issue for me personally. I play SNGs and the tourney summarries at stars are really a drag to deal with. More than anything else I just want to have good records for tax purposes with as little effort as possible.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Better lobby. Just copy the features of the biggest competitor. If you increase the fish count, the lobby will only get worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party's lobby sucks. Just add filtering, and the ability to put yourself on the waiting list for a specific game/level rather than a single table.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars works with pokertracker. Saving the tourney summaries with the hand histories would be a cool thing but other than that, what more could you want?
Old 10-21-2005, 12:15 AM

Table connection is reliable, but the writing of hand histories to the hard drive is not. Also some problems with tournament summary emails. I have to scan the tournaments after each session in PT and see which ones do not have the correct profit/loss for the place finish. Also, I sometimes have to look at the tournament hand history or tournament summary to enter the place of finish, because PT wasn't able to get it somehow.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best idea yet. Will probably never happen... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad a few ppl. like the idea. Lets hope that Lee likes it too.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:10 PM

Default You asked for \'em - 20-table S&Gs - running *RIGHT NOW*

One limited buyin event coming up. Right now!!

We just filled one (180 people) in no time. But another automatically spawned. There's another one starting right now. Go to Tourneys -> All -> and then sort by date (most recent at the top). You'll see. The current one filling (at 10:10 PM Eastern time 10/21) is 14093597.

Rock on, people.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager
Closed Thread