Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Pokerstars Support starting to SUCK

I was snooping around the headsup sit&gos looking for something exciting to play. I noticed that the NL blinds looked fine, but that the PL blinds were really weird. Levels 9-14 were all the same, and nothing matched the NL blinds. Obviously it was an error. Also, on the tournament info for the headsup sit&gos it says: “Starting chips and blinds double every round”. Obviously this isn’t true. The blinds don’t double and SURELY the chips don’t double!
So I emailed support and expected an answer from a knowledgeable person that would probably say "yup, that’s a mistake, let me get someone to fix it, thanks for pointing it out".
Instead I got this:

Thank you for your email. Please be aware that in the Heads Up Sit and Go
Tournaments you are only starting with 1500 chips so it is very rare that a
tournament would ever go past the 200/400 blind levels whether NL/PL or
Fixed.

Concerning the comment of the blinds and chips doubling each round - this
refers to the 4 way Heads Up matches that are available where both players
proceed to the final with 3000 chips but by doing thie doubling of
everything then the structure of the tournament essentially stays the same
as the previous round.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Ed
PokerStars Support Team

So he tells me that I would ONLY be starting with 1,500 in chips (that doesn’t sound encouraging), then basically tells me that the error in the structure wont matter anyway, so ignore it.
Then he tells me something about 4 way tournaments, which doesn’t even remotely address my question. In a headsup (not 4 way) lobby it says doubling chips and blinds.
Assume I was asking about these 4 way tournaments, his answer makes absolutely zero sense.

It appears that stars support is going the way of the pooper.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Support starting to SUCK

Uh, ask Party support any question.. about anyything.

Then you'll never critisize Stars again.

Stars really has amazing support.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:06 AM

I'm not going to start making my forum posts like a support@ response, but I hope I can clear things up here in a similiar manner.

It looks like the "Starting Chips and Blinds double each round" is a generic statement made for all headsup games. It's obviously written for headsup tournaments with more than 2 entrants, and so doesn't apply when there're only two.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say this was a horrible error in the software, but obviously it's not really applicable to the games when there're only two entrants. It's in my shift report now.

As for Ed saying "you only start with 1500 chips", what's not encouraging about that? He states it that way as it refers to the blind structure. In Pot Limit, when it reaches level 9 any bet is going to be for your whole stack or close enough, which is why the blinds aren't increasing anymore. I'm not sure why they start increasing again later on, but I sincerely doubt any headsup game has ever reached level 15. I assume it's this way incase both players sit out or are timed out, so that the game does eventually finish and doesn't stay there forever.

I'm sure Ed's response could have been worded better, but it refers to the same facts that I'm repeating here.

I don't know which email address you wrote this response to, I don't see anything under your account. If you want further clarification on any issue, I recommend emailing us back about it, the chances of someone from support spotting a post on a forum aren't too good. I'm not too sure how you can extrapolate the quality of the support for the whole site based on one mail anyway.

I am now resisting the temptation to paste my "best regards" sig here.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:17 AM

There's always bird watching!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 07:41 AM

Ed quotes, hurrah!
Old 10-22-2005, 07:56 AM

Stars support is great because of stuff like this.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to start making my forum posts like a support@ response, but I hope I can clear things up here in a similiar manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I to assume you work for stars? Maybe I was a little harsh on your support, but when you have shown a trend for great support responses, when I get something like what Ed wrote I suppose I was a little surprised. Your reputation precedes you, and if more responses like this start showing up your reputation may take a hit.

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like the "Starting Chips and Blinds double each round" is a generic statement made for all headsup games. It's obviously written for headsup tournaments with more than 2 entrants, and so doesn't apply when there're only two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I knew that. I wrote to support to alert them to the fact that every single headsup lobby has a statement that just isn’t true. I wasn’t trying to get anything for free or figure anything out. I was trying to help you guys out by pointing out an error.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say this was a horrible error in the software, but obviously it's not really applicable to the games when there're only two entrants. It's in my shift report now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was a “horrible error in the software”. I was simply pointing out that you have a statement in the lobby for every headsup tournament that is false.

[ QUOTE ]
As for Ed saying "you only start with 1500 chips", what's not encouraging about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

“Only” is a term that refers to something that is limited. Ed should have said “You get 1,500 chips and the blinds are only xx”.

[ QUOTE ]
He states it that way as it refers to the blind structure. In Pot Limit, when it reaches level 9 any bet is going to be for your whole stack or close enough, which is why the blinds aren't increasing anymore. I'm not sure why they start increasing again later on, but I sincerely doubt any headsup game has ever reached level 15. I assume it's this way incase both players sit out or are timed out, so that the game does eventually finish and doesn't stay there forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said before, I was pointing out an obvious error. Ed’s response was surprisingly unappreciative and confusing.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure Ed's response could have been worded better, but it refers to the same facts that I'm repeating here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could have been worded better, it could have made sense and he could have thanked me for pointing it out.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know which email address you wrote this response to, I don't see anything under your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent the email to support@ and it came from the email address on my stars account. What account would you be seeing something under? I never mentioned my stars account name.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want further clarification on any issue, I recommend emailing us back about it, the chances of someone from support spotting a post on a forum aren't too good. I'm not too sure how you can extrapolate the quality of the support for the whole site based on one mail anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn’t need clarification to begin with and I don’t need it now. I sent an email to your support to point out a few errors on your site and got a poorly worded response.

I am not extrapolating anything. I have gotten quality support from stars in the past. This is the first email I received where it appeared that the support person didn’t understand the question, poker or English. I hope this isn’t the future of stars support.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:13 AM

I assumed that your PS name was "4KingAceHole" as well.

In my mind, the "you only get 1500 chips" made perfect sense. I rather assumed you found this a horrible flaw in the software or an extrapolation that could be made to the entire support operation as it was important enough to post on 2 + 2.

I certainly didn't want to insinuate you let us know of this problem because you wanted anything out of it. I am not going to get into a slanging match regarding Ed as a poker player or English speaker with you. I certainly agree that the response wasn't perfect, but it did give you the salient information.

Anyway, thank you for letting us know. This isn't really the place for me to be writing about this matter. I should note that this is purely my view on it, and I'd be perfectly happy to discuss this from an official point of view by email rather than here.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assumed that your PS name was "4KingAceHole" as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish. When I signed up for pokerstars i tried many variations of that name and everything I wanted was taken. I ended up using one of my kids names instead.

[ QUOTE ]
In my mind, the "you only get 1500 chips" made perfect sense. I rather assumed you found this a horrible flaw in the software or an extrapolation that could be made to the entire support operation as it was important enough to post on 2 + 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was important enough (to me) to post on 2+2 was the fact that I got a crappy response from stars support that was not consistent with the previous responses I, or anyone else, had received.
You seem to want to defend that crappy response and make me look like the bad guy. I tried to help you guys out, got a crappy response, alerted others that might be interested and you now try to make me look like the bad guy.
I guess I was right, stars support is starting to suck. First Ed and now you.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:53 AM

I always know in advance that I should just stay out of these things, and I always totally fail to do so.

I don't want to make you out as the bad guy. I just wanted to explain better what Ed wanted to say. I'll keep out of the thread from now.