Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 10:41 AM

Default My absolute poker experience

I've been trying to request hand histories since the first day I played, a few weeks ago. I've sent customer support a dozen or so messages about the problem and gotten responses that range from "Please try to retrieve a lower number of hands" to "I will let my manager know about the situation" to (mostly) no response at all.

Then last week I'm a chipleader in an SnG when I get booted. When I get back online I discover I've been blinded down to 1.5 BB. Customer support says "One of our Internet Service Providers in Canada went offline for a few minutes and this resulted in a brief downtime for some of our clients that are connected through these routers. In order for us to check your account and see if you are eligible for money refund, we will need some additional information you can obtain by requesting a hand history." Ugh. Needless to say, I'm never seeing that money again.

I must be a glutton for punishment, because last Monday I'm in another SnG. Two players, obviously friends, are discussing their cards while the hand is live. I again write customer support and receive this in response: "I assure you that we will handle this situation immediately. In the future, please be aware that you have the option to block a player's chat by right clicking on the player's image and selecting “block chat”."

I don't know if this is typical of Absolute Poker. I play microlimits for fun, and they might pay more attention to the customers they make more money off of. This was my first poker site, so for all I know this kind of stuff might happen everywhere. Anyway, it's enough for me to try and find out. I'm switching sites tonight.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: My absolute poker experience

At least they didn't sent a collection agency after your for withdrawing $1900 of your own money from the site.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: My absolute poker experience

Looks like its a thread of bad luck... What I can remember is that on the same page where you request for the hand history, you need to specify if it is fun money, real money, tournament or ring game. What I think happened to you the first time is that you probably requested ring game hands and you had played tournaments...
Anyway, I do agree that they have to get that fixed so it can be easier to view...