Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-12-2004, 11:19 AM

Default First Omaha game (I\'m a dork)

So, I get up this morning, hoping to crunch out a couple of SnGs on Party Poker before having to head to work. I only started learning Poker (reading books, coming here etc.) a few months ago, so I've been focusing exclusively on Hold'Em. Of course, with Party Pokers crappy lobby structure I don't even realize that I'm signing up for a 10+1 Omaha hi/lo game until the game starts and I'm dealt four cards. I'm like "wtf!!!, and then I realize what's going on.

I know the basic rules of Omaha, but I can honestly say I have never played a single hand, so my idea of what was good/bad starting hands was pretty non-existent.

In the end I ended up in third place somehow, which was just fine with me as I expected those $11 to be gone when I realized what I had gotten into.

No real useful content here, just thought I'd share my little whoopsie.

Cheers,

Swede
Old 11-12-2004, 11:22 AM

Default Re: First Omaha game (I\'m a dork)

I was at The Orleans in Vegas one time, getting ready to play in their Friday morning O8 tournament. We finally take our seats to play, and we are waiting for 1 last player to sit down. He finally comes running over, looks down at his cards, looks up at us, says "Omaha?", gets a bunch of strange nods, and he says "Raise!".

that was funny.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:30 PM

Default Re: First Omaha game (I\'m a dork)

Hehe that's funny. I've done that a few times signing up for limit holdem tourneys instead of no limit. It's kind of funny when you think to yourself "man these guys are dorks for just min betting/raising" and then you go to try to make a pot sized bet and the slider is missing.