Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Another Case of Prima locking an Account without Evidence

Recently a top Danish no limit player became victim of Prima Poker Networks methods. This player is extremely well respected and has gained a reputation of being one of the absolute best online no limit hold´em players. Many of you will probably know this player as Pokergirl1 on Ladbrokes or _THESTAR _ on Prima Poker.

In this case Prima has not presented any kind of evidence whatsoever and has just denied to reopen the account claiming _THESTAR_ has received “bad money”. When playing as Pokergirl1 on Ladbrokes the were a lot of Danish followers, who saw how Pokergirl1 through skilled play has been beating the highest no limit games on the site for a long time now. The same has been the case at a Prima Poker room where all of a sudden this players account was locked containing around $60,000.

Prima has refused to present any kind of evidence on this matter and also refused to reopen the account or pay any of the players winnings.

A large part of the Danish poker community are now united through the Danish message board Pokernet in helping this player get his money back, and have started closing our accounts at the Prima Poker sites; 1) to show our support to this player, and 2) because we as poker players are repulsed by this kind of behaviour. We feel we cannot play to win big without the fear of having our accounts closed based on speculation from Prima Poker.

We hope that the players here would show sympathy with the player and help by mailing the Prima Network poker rooms to show you will not tolerate unfair treatment of players and theft of winning players funds.

Another thread about a player who has experience the same thing before can be found here:

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...;o=14&vc=1

Best regards, Peter.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Another Case of Prima locking an Account without Evidence

Prima has refused to present any kind of evidence on this matter and also refused to reopen the account or pay any of the players winnings.

they will certainly give a reason. if this player won money from another who used a stolen card then TS. if the player is under investigation for colluding, and it turned out there was no collusion, the player will get their money.

We hope that the players here would show sympathy with the player and help by mailing the Prima Network poker rooms to show you will not tolerate unfair treatment of players and theft of winning players funds.

you want us to write our prima site and defend a danish player who has had their account locked?!?

other than complete intoxication, why would anyone do this? please don't tell me that we should do it because it will happen to us one day. you had to go all the way back to the archives to find a similar situation. these things don't happen to honest players, and when they do, the site rectifies it.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:13 PM

There's been at least 10 cases now of Prima unfairly locking accounts of good players with good reputations.

Almost all of the time the player wins some money from some other player who then does a chargeback. Then, Prima, convinced of its investigative prowess, locks that shark's account.

I'm pretty sure Prima has about 3 chimpanzees that randomly pick high-stakes players who are winning and win a little bit of 'bad money' or go on too much of a hot streak it's clearly collusion.

Prima is a good site for low and middle stakes games. But if you are a high stakes player, beware!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:14 PM

That statement seems to assert just a tad too much perpetual infallibility on the part of poker sites, Granny. I think you spun it out in the favor of poker sites a little far this time.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:28 PM

I don't get why I would vouch for some guy I have never heard of.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:29 PM

not a surprise almost all the guys I played with in the past TwoGunC, jrdaniel, dako, Jaypee, and more have had their accounts locked I believe. I've played or watched all of them at Stars and they win on their own merit. Their is no number/email to reach prima either if they want your money they will take it. LOL in the beginning I didn't believe dako about his ~25k being confiscated but yes prima does whatever it wants.

All these players coming here and complaining can't all be cheaters it just happens too much at this site luckily mine wasn't even 1/10 of the 60k but it was still a significant amount of money. This should make some kind of news headline somewhere 60k is a decent amount of money
Old 10-25-2004, 03:14 PM

GrannyMae,

This player has won the $60,000 over a period of time playing different players. If anything it should only be possible to withhold funds he won playing against whohever they think he has won the money from in an unfair manner.

Also, why would this player cheat if he beats the regulars at the biggest no limit games on other sites. It doesn´t make any sence.

We are not talking about any danish player. We are talking about a player whom most danish poker players know and respect.

ps. your other condescending remarks have been ignored.

Best regards, Peter.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:26 PM

Granny,

I am aware of at least two (and possibly four) people who are big no-limit winners both live and online (UB/Stars/etc.) who have had funds in their accounts seized by Prima. In each of these cases, some amt of money was apparently won from someone using a bad credit card. However, the entire account was locked and seized. I say "possibly" four because there are only two where I am absolutely certain there was no collusion or shady stuff involved based on my personal knowledge of the situation. The other two look similarly unjust, but I do not know the individuals involved that well, so I could not 100% vouch for them, though I believe they got shafted as well.

In each of these cases, Prima has simply refused to respond to customer support emails and has refused to provide any evidence or detailed reasons beyond "this account was involved in xxx and is thus closed."
Old 10-25-2004, 03:31 PM

A Google search turns up this recent story as well:

Prima story in middle of page after Empire nonsense
Old 10-25-2004, 03:40 PM

diablo,

the reasons are always told to the people. whether they are happy with it or not is irrelevant, and whatever spin they choose to put on it when whining is also irrelevant. the funds were gained by fraud.

here is the email that the dane posted on rgp. seems like a pretty solid reason to seize funds if you ask me. also, i don't have to tell you of all people how poor of a business decison it would be to be engaged in this systematic corporate theft they are accused of. the 'hole' will return much more to them than stealing player funds for no reason.

<font color="green">&gt; &gt;From: "Poker (Captain Cooks)" &lt;poker@captaincookspoker.com&gt;
&gt; &gt;To: "Rebecca Walsh" &lt;rebeccaw28@hotmail.com&gt;
&gt; &gt;Subject: RE: my account have been logged out.
&gt; &gt;Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:05:06 +1000
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;Hi There Morten and Rebecca,
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;I apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience.
&gt; &gt;I have received final word from Prima Poker and your account is to remain
&gt; &gt;locked.
&gt; &gt;The funds that you received were brought into the network and passed to
&gt;you
&gt; &gt;fraudulently.
&gt; &gt;There will be now reversal of this decision and you will remain
&gt;permanently
&gt; &gt;locked out of the network.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;I hope this can finally bring some closure to this issue.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;Kind regards
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;Poker Management
&gt; &gt;Captain Cooks Poker
&gt; &gt;www.captaincookspoker.com </font>