Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: QQ problems

I figure with the flop mini-raise and smallish turn bet, he's got AxJx type hand. Push.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if the other posters play much 400NL but it is full of weak-tight players.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely true.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:10 AM

Against a standard opponent I would push this, but its of cource read dependant. Against rather tight players, Id be 70/30 to fold.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I open for 16 with QQ in ep. I got about 400 and villan has the same. 2 guys call behind me, both tighish winning players. Not sure how villan would play a draw.

Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I lead for 44. Villan immediatly makes it 88. This could be KQ, AJ, spades or a set. JJ TT are very possible. limper folds. I figure folding is too weak given all the draws and call.

Turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I check, villan bets 90. He has about 220 left. Is this a push or fold? And who goes all the way with this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tightish winning players dont min raise the flop in a raised pot with a draw. Unraised pot, sure, but in a raised pot, hes going to have a set far far too often for you to continue.

If hes tricky, he could also have AA / KK but based on his small turn bet, I doubt it.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Results

I should have folded or gone allin. I did the worst thing possible, but I realised it and learned from it right away. I called. River blank, I check, he goes allin for the 230. This should have been a fold for me as well, but since he might have had a draw, I called. Folding or moving in on turn is definitly the best play, maybe folding winning out.

He had JJ or TT, I cant remeber, but it doesnt matter since he plays them the same way.

BTW, he might have had a draw. A few orbits later, when I have position, I raise preflop with AJ, and when he check riased me on the J high draw heavy flop, and I came back overthetop, he folded. So while a set is likely, he would also do this with a draw given the agressive way he played the 2nd hand. Therefore I believe moving in on the turn is the way to go.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Results

what if you reraised the flop to about 200 and folded to a push? seems like a lot of money to invest, but its better than losing the whole stack. no matter the odds, i think it would be an easy fold if villain pushed after being reraised.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:33 PM

2 opponents, JT flop, reraise?
are you wild?
this pot needs to get HU and without him putting too much money in
Old 10-23-2005, 06:38 PM

if villain is takeover1 you are absolutely correct
Old 10-23-2005, 07:04 PM

Putting 200 in on flop and folding to a reraise is gross. If im villan, Ill move allin with a flush draw or a straight draw becuase I know I would do the same with a set.

Villan was tainton 18/4/10 after 1100 hands.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Putting 200 in on flop and folding to a reraise is gross. If im villan, Ill move allin with a flush draw or a straight draw becuase I know I would do the same with a set.

Villan was tainton 18/4/10 after 1100 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick question - You say you push here on a draw, but even when you most likely have no fold equity? If some guy reraised me half his stack on the flop, I'd assume he wasn't going to fold to a push. Is this just to keep them guessing or do you think they still fold to a push or what?

[ QUOTE ]
2 opponents, JT flop, reraise?
are you wild?
this pot needs to get HU and without him putting too much money in

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I suppose I am a little too wild at times.

A TJ flop makes me even more tempted to play it hard though. Gimmie a TJQ or 9TJ flop and I'm out. I definitely agree with keeping it cheap, but this was just an alternative to stacking off. Is my line gross in comparison to the OP's line? If so, why? Just curious, not sarcastic.