Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Support starting to SUCK

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to explain better what Ed wanted to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which was the entire point of my original post.
Why should you have to "better explain" what Ed was trying to say? You know why, because Ed is not on the level that you and others are. And if you guys are hiring people like Ed, then stars support is going to start to suck (or already is).

Here is a piece of advice. When your suppport send out a crappy response, dont defend it. Admit that it sucked, give the right response and move on.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always know in advance that I should just stay out of these things, and I always totally fail to do so.

I don't want to make you out as the bad guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did that pretty well on his own - all you did was try to help and you did so with a better sense of diplomacy than I would have been able to do. Should I apply for a job anyway? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

On a side note, do we rate the popularity or growth of a site based on the number of complaining threads we get here?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:25 PM

Please. Pokerstars support doesn't suck. You were sent a response, and that automatically ranks PS above a lot of other sites. Based on that one response you're ready to broad-brush the entire organization. Someone from PS clears it up for you and your response is to criticize everybody who's trying to answer your questions.

I'll loosely paraphrase you: When you act like a jerk and someone politely points it out to you, don't defend your jerk-act, just admit that you've been a jerk and move on.

Enjoy!
Old 10-22-2005, 01:10 PM

You sent an email to support pointing out a minor error. Support had to thank you and get the error fixed. You are 100% right on this. Instead you got an answer which was not clear and missed your point, at least one part of it. Right again.

Now Stars surely gets thousands of emails each day, and expecting that each one would be answered perfectly is not very reasonable, even from the best support team in the industry. So you could simply reply and re-iterate your point, or forget about it.

Instead you started a thread "PokerStars Support starting to SUCK". That was uncalled for much more than the email you got from support. Admit it.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:31 PM

Additionally, the OP's original e-mail TO stars was never posted. So we have no idea if he explained himself clearly or not.

In ANY matter involving e-mail correspondance it is COMMON for there to be a little bit of confusion regarding what specific issue is being referred to.

Work in ANY office and you surely will have an e-mail situation where someone winds up saying "No no. I must not have been explaining myself clearly. Here is specifically what I'm looking at."

So...just following up with the Stars support guy to point-out what you meant a bit more clearly might have proved helpful.

Jumping all over Stars back because they didn't respond exactly the way you wanted them to is idiotic.

Even in this example that you pointed out that doesn't quite directly address the issue as much as yould have liked....Stars support still appears to be leaps and bounds ahead of Party's.

Then...shortly thereafter...a member OF Stars support stops by and tries to offer help..and also says that the Stars' support guy's response probably could have been worded a bit better.
And all the OP can do is insult him.

The OP is too sensitive.
Stars support is amazing (and it's not even close)!!!

(no...I am in no way affiliated with Stars, except for the fact that I play there sometimes and believe that their support rocks)
Old 10-22-2005, 01:33 PM

Really the thing that has impressed me about Poker Stars support is their followup. I've sought support a couple or three times in the year I've been playing there, and a couple of times, I've gotten an initial response that either missed my point or seemed like a canned, unhelpful response.

But each time, when I followed up with a second e-mail and explained why the first response wasn't helpful, I got excellent response and service from them.

One time, I e-mailed them to complain about some things a guy said in chat during an SnG. Stars support responded that they understood my point but there was really nothing they could do according to the T&C. But I exchanged a couple of e-mails with the support guy to further explain my position, and I was actually astonished and swore my support of Poker Stars forever when the guy actually thought about the problem and considered my arguments and came to agree with me that I was correct.

It wasn't that I always think I'm right or anything. I was happy to disagree with the guy but was impressed that he actually carried on an intelligent discussion about it. But the fact that he reversed his earlier decision after some discussion impressed me because it showed the guy was serious about actually taking the time to think about the issue.

That's something you don't get from many customer service reps in ANY industry.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:50 PM

Perhaps this will help.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps this will help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Picture stolen - thank you
Old 10-22-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that stars support is going the way of the pooper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about over reaction.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:29 PM

>Assume I was asking about these 4 way tournaments, his >answer makes absolutely zero sense.

His answer did make sense. The point is that for a 4-player tourney there are 2 rounds and for the second round the chips will start at 3,000 (double)and the blinds will be double too.