Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-02-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Real Poker Training

Anyone tried this site?

And is the info useful for NL cash games players?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Real Poker Training

It's a good site with a lot of videos but I don't think it will do that much for your NL cash game. It is more of a MTT site especially with respect to rebuys.

For NL cash games you might try cardrunners. From what I hear Green Plastic is a stud at high stakes NL.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:58 PM

I tried it for a month and ended my membership. If you like rebuy tournaments and want to play super aggressive, it will give you confidence to play that way. But to play his style in a regular no rebuy tournament, unless you catch some miracle cards early, you are going to bust out of most every tournament early. My main complaint with his videos is that he mostly shows the taping of the play after the first hour is over and he has run up a big chip stack. For me to stay a member I would have wanted to see taping from hand one of every tournament he is going to put on his site and when he gets busted out or when he runs up his chip stacks, he can tell us what went right and what went wrong in each case. Need more instruction from him on his play in that first hour of the tournament. If you found the link to Tom McEvoy recorded tournaments in posts here last week, now those were really educational and his theory can be directly applied to non-rebuy tournaments. I refuse to play rebuy tournaments. I come from an auto racing background and with rebuys it would be like a guy crashes his car on the fifth lap of a race, is allowed to pull his backup car out of the garage and not only reenter the race, but even start ahead of many who had been racing from lap one. Just not a fair way to play a sport to me. I can see where those who like these are coming from with the purses increased in these rebuy tournament that they can be more profitable at times, but I am not going to play against a guy I just knocked out of a tournament just because he can afford to buy his way back into the race.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:59 PM

I agree that the real advantage of his tapes is rebuy tournaments. He has a few startups on there now as well. I guess I missed the McEvoy tournaments, I will have to see if I can find those.