Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 02:29 AM

Default PokerRoom Software Problems

I have about 500 more points to go to finish that reload from PR (longest bonus ever). What makes it worse is that the software constantly stalls, sometimes for minutes at a time. It seems that whenever you "disconnect" from PR, they automatically kick you off your seat, meaning that I am losing money and time every time this happens. I usually just run PR, PT, and GT+ on my 1.33ghz laptop with 256 mb of ram. I originally thought this was a problem with PT, but after cleaning out the old PR database file, this is still happening.

Does anybody else have these kind of software problems with PR? Are there any solutions that do not include "stop playing there"? Playing there has been the biggest pain ever, but I have passed the point of no return on the bonus.

-Freddie
Old 09-13-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: PokerRoom Software Problems

I don't get disconnected. Fix your internet connection or your computer.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:15 AM

The problem may not be on your end. I was having similar probs......stalling interface and "choppiness." This fix was suggested to me.

Turns out Poker Room collects your stats....and the more hands you play the bigger the database. Eventually it starts creating the probs you are encountering. If you have PT, you don't need the Poker Room data.....and it can be deleted.

Go to the Poker Room game interface......where you log in. At the top....where it isays Lobby...Options....etc....click on statistics. This will bring up your stat box. Click on "Show Texas holdem Stats". If you are not currently playing it will appear nothing is there. Click on "Real Money" then "All Sessions." If you have been playing awhile......you'll have lots of hands. Click on reset. It will ask if you want to do this....click yes.

This will clear it out and the site should run much better for you. At least it did for me.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:09 AM

Better yet, just move your database file to an archive folder so you have it for future access.

PR will just automatically start a new one. I do this regularily and it makes it easier for PT to read your hand histories.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 AM

Its not PokerRoom, its your internet connection. I play there all the time, It has happened to me a few times on my wireless connection, NEVER on the desktop.

BTW, still very annoying that they boot you from the table right away
Old 09-13-2005, 11:50 AM

It is not my internet connection, trust me. My laptop is cabled between the modem, and I can see the light blinking if it ever does go offline. Another example, last night, one table crashed on me, and one kept running.

I suppose it is possible that a combination of PR, PT, and GT are sapping up too many system resources. I would think that my computer should be fast enough to handle poker software that looks like it could be run on a Nintendo, so I am not sure if this is the problem.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. After these last 500 points, I am never going to play there again. The high rake is one thing, but seeing your KK folded right in front of you because the software crashes is another thing entirely.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose it is possible that a combination of PR, PT, and GT are sapping up too many system resources. I would think that my computer should be fast enough to handle poker software that looks like it could be run on a Nintendo, so I am not sure if this is the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Poker Room software is horribly inefficient, particularly if you're playing multiple tables. I have a dual processor machine, each processor twice as fast as yours, and have four times the RAM you have, and PR software still runs slow on my machine. With four tables open I occasionally get disappearing cards and other graphic anomalies. I haven't run into connection problems with any regularlity, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

One other thing that wasn't obvious to me -- don't leave the stats window open in PT when playing and importing. Close down all the PT windows except the import window. Updating the stats after each import puts a huge hit on the CPU. My whole system used to bog down after each import. Since I've started closing down the stats window before playing I hardly even notice when PT imports a new set of hands.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:11 AM

I do leave the all the windows closed in PT except the import window. I find that even maximizing PT to see if it is importing created extreme lag at every single site, even Party and PS. The difference is that those sites bring their windows to the forefront when there is a decision and keep running, while PR just tells people to go to hell and take away their precrious seat and give it to some guy called "ILOVE69".