Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Poker Plex will now get all of my play

[ QUOTE ]
I like a nice fountain pen (and I have a few - thanks to my mom) and all but playing 48+ hrs of poker to get one is not really what I had in mind. If you already had plans for this then it's win/win.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just trying to point out that Poker Plex is really giving away something of value. I have several expensive (by my standards) fountain pens, but even I would have to agree this is a questionable gift for online poker players. Besides, if they're going to spring for a $350 pen, why not go a hundred or so more and give away a Waterman Edson, widely regarded as the best fountain pen available.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how big do you think the overlap is on a Venn diagram with two circles: "People who like ridiculously overpriced pens" and "People willing to multitable online poker for 48 hours straight"?

[/ QUOTE ]
nh. I don't usually laugh out loud at posts.

Just wish I could have been in the meeting at Plex headquarters..."Dammit, Johnson...you sent that email to the poker players? That pen was supposed to go be the door prize at the Ben Franklin convention". Meanwhile, at the B. Franklin meeting...man in powdered wig says, "What the blank am I going to do with this 2001FP. I haven't even invented electricity yet."
Old 08-10-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kidding (mostly) aside, how big do you think the overlap is on a Venn diagram with two circles: "People who like ridiculously overpriced pens" and "People willing to multitable online poker for 48 hours straight"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the day!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how big do you think the overlap is on a Venn diagram with two circles: "People who like ridiculously overpriced pens" and "People willing to multitable online poker for 48 hours straight"?

[/ QUOTE ]
nh. I don't usually laugh out loud at posts.

Just wish I could have been in the meeting at Plex headquarters..."Dammit, Johnson...you sent that email to the poker players? That pen was supposed to go be the door prize at the Ben Franklin convention". Meanwhile, at the B. Franklin meeting...man in powdered wig says, "What the blank am I going to do with this 2001FP. I haven't even invented electricity yet."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL@both these posts!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, that would be a bummer to finish second in that race; to put in all that time and hard work and come up just short of the golden prize.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't second prize a pencil?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just any pencil: A really, really nice pencil.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, that would be a bummer to finish second in that race; to put in all that time and hard work and come up just short of the golden prize.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd place gets an eraser
Old 08-10-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] you are killing me

X
Old 08-10-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS - Is Poker Plex a poker site?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's one of the Cryptos. The one that has clearly misjudged the sophistication of its clientele.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:34 PM

I just just imagine the brainstorming that took place during the Poker Plex meeting

Poker Plex CEO: Ok gentlemen...Thanks for coming...We need to generate a large amount of play this weekend...So our boys in marketing have decided to give away a large prize. I will now open up the floor to suggestions
Guy Number One: Well, poker players as a whole tend to be males, age 18-35. Let's make sure we take this into consideration
Guy Number Two: Good point...What do guys our age like to do?
Guy Number One: Well, they like to drink, talk to girls, play video games, Fight, Play Sports..Etc...
G.N.T.: Ok...ok...So our gift needs to have something to do with that....Hmmm...How about a mini-fridge to put next to your computer to put beer and hot pockets in???
G.N.O.: Awesome Idea...Or how about Three Nights at the Wynn in LV...Saying your staying at the Wynn makes the panties drop on most girls...
G.N.T.: Yes, that is also a good idea.
Poker Plex CEO: Gentlemen, although your ideas are good, I have the winner. I think you'll agree that this is the bee's knees. How about we buy a 350 dollar pen and give that away?!?!?!?! Johnson, send out the email immediately. Make the Subject "Is the Pen truly mightier that the Sword??? Play 13,000 hands this weekend at Poker Plex and FIND OUT!!!!!"
Guy Number One: Ok Boss, I'll get right on that...And right after that I'll post my resume on Monster because you're a [censored] moron.
CEO: What was that?
Guy Number One: Nothing sir, I said I'll get that email out right away.