Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 08-02-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Cryptos Less Profitable?

My experience is that the addition of the microlimit tables has made the other tables (notably $1/$2 limit and .5/1 PL and NL) a lot tighter and less profitable. A lot of the casual players, novices, fish, etc. who just want to play around apparently tend to go to one of the lowest stakes tables available. Seems like lately the bonuses are only marginally profitable to clear at best, and I can't see playing there much without a bonus (which I used to do sometimes when the games were juicier). Does it seem this way to everyone?
Old 08-02-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Cryptos Less Profitable?

You hit the nail squarely on the head. The microlimit tables ruined the Cryptos. There used to be lots of action at the $1/$2 and £1/£2 tables. Now there's seldom a decent full ring £1/£2 table and the few $1/$2 tables going are incredibly tight. I was at one the other night with a table VP$IP of 14%. Thank goodness I was only going after dealt hands for the bonus. I used to play the £1/£2 tables even when I wasn't chasing a bonus, but that's a thing of the past.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:39 PM

This is typical of any room anywhere you play at...Anytime they add a table at a level lower than their lowest, it usually kills the games at the next two levels above.

For example, if a site's lowest is 1/2, those games are usually pretty soft. The minute they add .50/1.00 tables, the games become a rock garden at the 1/2 level.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:43 AM

Many sites have destroyed awesome games because of their greed and caring for more even games so that the rake can be spread around and no one beats the game for much. I have seen too many changes to fat games by sites to come to any other conclusion. Even the bonuses get worse as the site grows.. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 AM

The other thing that killed the 1/2 games at crytos was the new raked hand structure. Now that all hands have to be raked $1 people are clearing them at least at 2/4 or not at all. That is where a lot of the 1/2 traffic came from.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:52 AM

I agree things got tighter, but I wouldn't even dream of calling these bonuses marginal!

250 hands on Littlewoods for example, 4-table the 1/2 6-max and your in and out in less than an hour. This is a pretty nice hourly earn rate.

All the hourlies if you clear them 4-tabling work out to around $30+ / hr.

How many sites have better bonuses than this?